Brian P. Battaglia
Top Rated Civil Litigation Attorney in Tampa, FL
- Free Consultation
Attorney Brian P. Battaglia is a partner with Bleakley, Bavol, Denman & Grace in Tampa, Florida. A nationally ranked trial lawyer with more than 34 years of experience, Mr. Battaglia provides exceptional counsel and support to a diverse range of corporate and business clients across his region who have legal needs involving any of the following:
· Civil litigation
· Commercial litigation
· Employment and labor law
· Real estate litigation
· Zoning and land use
· Health care law
Brian Battaglia has gained a reputation for his in-depth legal knowledge along with his unwavering focus on protecting his clients' rights and interests at all turns as he works diligently to help them achieve their goals and the favorable outcomes they seek for their complex legal challenges as efficiently and cost-effectively as possible. Brian Battaglia has argued cases at every level of the Florida court system, including successfully in the Florida Supreme Court.
Honored for his outstanding professionalism and superior client service, Mr. Battaglia is AV Preeminent peer-review rated* through Martindale-Hubbell and has many other top rankings and endorsements from his peers. He has also received the President's Pro Bono Service Award from The Florida Bar. Moreover, he has received numerous testimonials and referrals from satisfied clients.
A 1982 graduate of Florida State University, Mr. Battaglia obtained his Juris Doctor from Drake University School of Law in 1985. He also received his LL.M. degree from the Institute for Health Law at Loyola University Chicago School of Law in 1996. He is admitted to the Florida Bar and admitted practice before the U.S. District Court for the Northern and Middle Districts of Florida and the Supreme Court of the United States. Brian Battaglia is also a Florida Supreme Court Certified Circuit Court Mediator and has also appeared has an Arbitrator in various cases.
Mr. Battaglia currently serves as member of the Sixth Judicial Circuit of Florida's Pro Bono Committee, and he is past board member of Bay Area Legal Services. He is also the former treasurer and board member of Personal Enrichment Through Mental Health Services, and he is the past president and trustee of the Community Law Program. He has served as vice chair of the Pinellas County Board of Adjustment and past president of the Pinellas Opportunity Council.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
About Brian P. Battaglia
First Admitted: 1986, Florida
Professional Webpage: https://www.bbdglaw.com/attorneys/
- The Shift Toward Managed Care and Emerging Liability Claims Arising from Utilization Management and Financial Incentive Arrangements Between Health Care Providers and Payers, 19 U. Ark. Little Rock L. J. 155 (1997).
- A summary of the small claims court process to pro se litigants., Author, Explaining Small Claims Court to the Prospective Pro Se Litigant, The Florida Bar Journal
- Shift toward Managed Care and Emerging Liability Claims Arising from Utilization Management and Financial Incentive Arrangements between Health Care Providers and Payers, Brian P. Battaglia, 19 University of Arkansas L. J. 155., Author, Shift toward Managed Care and Emerging Liability Claims Arising from Utilization Management and Financial Incentive Arrangements between Health Care Providers and Payers, Health Care
- Drake University School of Law, Des Moines, Iowa, Degree: Doctor of Jurisprudence, 1985 Honors and Activities: Recipient of the Bureau of National Affairs Law Student Award, 1985 American Jurisprudence Award, Remedies Top “A” Mass Media Law and Remedies Dean’s List Elected, Preliminary Hearing Investigator, Law School Honor Board Loyola University Chicago School of Law, Chicago, Illinois Degree: Master of Laws (LL.M.) in Health Law, 1996 Honors: CALI Award, Excellent Achievement, Introduction to Health Law The Florida State University, Tallahassee, Florida Degree: Bachelor of Science, School of Criminology, 1982
Other Outstanding Achievements
- Stetson University College of Law, St. Petersburg, Florida; Adjunct Professor of Law, 1997-2001; 2003; 2007-2008; 2009; 2013. Developed course materials and syllabi for Negotiation and Alternative Dispute Resolution course, as well as Health Law course. In addition, developed role-play scenarios and case outlines utilized by the students in simulated mediations during the Negotiation and Alternative Dispute Resolution course. Certificate of Completion, Teaching Advocacy Skills Program, Stetson University College of Law, 2008. People’s Law School, Carillon Center, St. Petersburg, Florida; Initiated the People’s Law School in St. Petersburg, Florida. Developed course outline, materials, marketing program and coordination of speakers. The People’s Law School was open to members of the public and designed to provide an educational forum on various legal issues such as landlord tenant law, the court system, contracts and consumer law.
- Recipient, The Florida Bar President’s Pro Bono Award, 1994; Recipient, The St. Petersburg Bar Association's Pro Bono Award; Certificate of Meritorious Public Service, the Florida Bar Client Security Fund Committee, 2002-2005
- Florida Supreme Court Certified Circuit, Family and County Court Mediator
Pro bono/Community Service
- Pro Bono Service Award, Sixth Judicial Circuit, 1990; Recipient; Pro Bono Certificate of Recognition, St. Petersburg Bar Association, 1989.
- Appointed to the Florida Bar’s Client Security Fund Committee, 2002-2005 Appointed to The Unlicensed Practice of Law Committee, Sixth Judicial Circuit, The Florida Bar, 1994-1995 Secretary, St. Petersburg Bar Association, 2000-2001 Chair, Law Week, St. Petersburg Bar Association, 1999Member, Executive Committee, St. Petersburg Bar Association, 1993-1995
- Certificate of Completion, Teaching Advocacy Skills Program, Stetson University College of Law Certificate in Negotiating and Mediating Employment Disputes, University of South Florida
- 10.0 Superb Rating from AVVO™, 2011
- Certificate of Meritorious Public Service, The Florida Bar Client Security Fund, 2002-2005.
- AV® Preeminent Rating™ from Martindale-Hubbell, 2011
- , Aerial tour of the Bleakley, Bavol, Denman & Grace campus in Tampa, Florida, Corporate Litigation Throughout Florida And Beyond, 2021
- Businesses and Corporations
Last Updated: 5/15/2022