Charles T. Moore
Top Rated Medical Malpractice Attorney in Tampa, FL
Charles T. Moore is an attorney at the Tampa office of Morgan & Morgan. Representing individual and business clients throughout the state of Florida, he focuses his practice exclusively on civil litigation matters. Admitted to practice before all Florida state courts since 1996, Mr. Moore is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Courts for the Middle and Southern Districts of Florida.
A significant portion of Mr. Moore's practice is devoted to assisting people who have been harmed by the negligence or recklessness of other persons or entities, and many of his cases have arisen out of incidents involving misdiagnoses and other forms of medical malpractice. A recognized authority on that area of the law, he is the co-author of the chapter on damages in a treatise on medical malpractice that has been published by The Florida Bar and used for continuing legal education courses, and he is often asked to deliver presentations on that subject to attorneys and health care providers. Mr. Moore has handled other types of personal injury matters as well, and throughout his career, he has been able to obtain significant compensation for his clients. His experience also encompasses general business litigation.
After receiving a bachelor's degree from Northwestern University, Mr. Moore went on to attend the University of Florida Levin College of Law and was awarded his Juris Doctor with honors. In order to stay abreast of current developments in his practice area, he is a participant in several professional organizations, including the Florida Justice Association, the Tampa Bay Trial Lawyers Association, the American Association for Justice, and the Hillsborough County Bar Association. Mr. Moore has also been active in the guardian ad litem programs in the 4th and 8th Judicial Circuits.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 70%Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
- 20%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 10%Business Litigation
Dental Malpractice, Medical Malpractice, Birth Injury, Delayed or Incorrect Diagnosis, Informed Consent, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Wrongful Death, Brain Injury
- Super Lawyers: 2007 - 2015
Certificates and Credentials
- Florida Bar Board of Legal Specialization
About Charles T. Moore
First Admitted: 1996, Florida
Professional Webpage: https://www.forthepeople.com/attorneys/charles-t-moore/
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida, 1996
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida, 1996
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida, 1996
- Florida, 1996
- Tampa Bay Trial Lawyers’ Association
- Northwestern University Leadership Circle, Member
- Leadership Tampa Bay, class of 2002, Member
- Tampa Bay Inn of Courts
- Florida Justice Association
- American Academy of Justice
- Mr. Moore is an Eagle member of the Florida Justice Association. He serves on the Board of Directors of the Hillsborough County Bar Association, Trial Lawyers Section.
- Florida Super Lawyers, 2007-2012
- AV® Peer Review Rating by Martindale-Hubbell
- Florida’s Legal Elite, 2007-2009
- Perry Vloedman Public Service Award
Pro bono/Community Service
- Board of Directors and is past president of the "Tampa Film Institute”
- Mr. Moore serves on the Thirteenth Judicial Circuit Pro Bono Committee, as the representative of the Trial Lawyers Section of the HCBA., 2015
- Northwestern University
- Mr. Moore is co-author of the chapter on Damages in the Florida Bar Continuing Legal Education medical malpractice publication, published in 2006 (first edition) and 2009 (second edition)., Co-Author, "Damages" in Florida Medical Malpractice Handbook, The Florida Bar
- Mr. Moore is a member of the prestigious Million Dollar Advocates Forum, which recognizes attorneys who have achieved verdicts or settlements in excess of $1 million dollars.
- @orlandoribbons @JohnMorganESQ Thank you for doing this for the Orlando community! Our employees will… https://t.co/POuuJEXJtY
- #VerdictAlert in ATL!! Laura Maki and Jon Hawk just received a $1,780,000.00 verdict for their clients - a mother,… https://t.co/cBHZNYPz7u
- #VerdictAlert: Another amazing #MorganWin! Adrienn Toth, Rick Block, Alicia Smith and Matt McKie received a $7,800… https://t.co/m9wiGYJzgD
- This past weekend, we hosted our first Abogados community event for Mother’s Day at Plaza Fiesta in ATL! So excite… https://t.co/QPTA7bKO96
- 💯 💯 #MondayMotivation https://t.co/3UrFQlNV56
Last Updated: 5/15/2022