Cory A. Baird
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Tampa, FL
Selected to Rising Stars: 2012
Attorney Cory A. Baird is the founder and partner of Baird Law Group in Tampa, Florida. A top-rated and award-winning trial lawyer, Mr. Baird has more than 18 years of total legal experience, and he focuses his practice solely on personal injury law and advocating for the rights and entitlements of clients throughout the state who have suffered injuries or lost loved ones due to someone else's negligence or wrongdoing.
Over the course of his practice, Mr. Baird has recovered millions of dollars in settlements and verdicts for his plaintiff clients, earning his membership in the Million Dollar Advocates Forum. He, too, has suffered injuries from an auto accident and has had to deal with aggressive debt collectors and debt reporting issues. He also once worked as an insurance defense attorney, so he has invaluable insight into the industry that helps him devise the most effective strategies possible for his clients.
Along with his legal credentials, which include having once served as a certified legal intern with the Pinellas County Public Defender’s Office, Mr. Baird is also a certified public accountant. An established leader in his field, he has conducted lectures and seminars on a variety of topics related to personal injury law, and he is an active participant in Fox 13's "Ask a Lawyer" program.
In recognition for his outstanding professionalism and service, Mr. Baird has earned consistent top rankings and endorsements from his peers, including the Making a Difference award from The Florida Bar as well as the Outstanding Pro Bono Organization Award from the Hillsborough County Bar Association. He has also received "Superb" client ratings on Avvo along with the site's Clients' Choice Award in 2016.
A 1997 graduate of Iowa State University, Mr. Baird obtained his Master of Business Administration from Stetson University School of Business School in 2001 and his Juris Doctor from Stetson University College of Law that same year. He is an active member of The Florida Bar and the Hillsborough County Bar Association, and he serves as president of the board of directors for Are You Safe, Inc.
- 90%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 10%Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Wrongful Death, Dram Shop Laws, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Medical Malpractice, Birth Injury, Delayed or Incorrect Diagnosis, Informed Consent
- Super Lawyers: 2020 - 2022
- Rising Stars: 2012
About Cory A. Baird
First Admitted: 2002, Florida
Professional Webpage: http://bairdlawgroup.com/cory-a-baird/
- AVVO Rated
- Outstanding Pro Bono Organization Award, Are You Safe, Hillsborough County Bar Association, 2010
- Rising Star, Super Lawyers Magazine, 2012
- Making a Difference, The Florida Bar, 2011
- Licensed Florida Attorney since 2002
- Are You Safe, Inc., President of Board of Directors
- Co-Founder, Are You Safe, Inc.
- Board of Directors, Are You Safe - Domestic Violence Awareness, 2009 - Present
- Member, Hillsborough County Bar Association, 2004 - Present
- Member, Tampa Bay Trial Lawyers, 2009 - Present
- Member, The Florida Bar Association
- Eagle Member, Florida Justice Association, 2009 - Present
- Lecturer, Plaintiff’s Personal Injury Seminar
- Participant, Fox 13 "Ask a Lawyer" program
- Plaintiff's Personal Injury Practice for Paralegals, Halfmoon, LLC
- Domestic Violence in the Workplace, Bank of Tampa, 2011
- Former Certified Public Accountant
- Stetson Graduate Business School, M.B.A., 2001
- Iowa State University, B.S. in Accounting, 1997
Last Updated: 5/15/2022