Edwin G. Rice
Top rated bankruptcy attorney in Tampa, FloridaBradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
Practice Areas: Bankruptcy, Business litigation
Licensed in Florida since: 1990
Education: University of Florida Levin College of Law
Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP100 North Tampa Street
Tampa, FL 33602 Visit website
Bradley provides business clients around the world with a full suite of legal services in dozens of industries and practice areas. Bradley works with businesses and commercial entities.
A trusted Florida-based bankruptcy attorney, Edwin G. Rice is a counsel at the firm Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP in Tampa. Licensed to practice law in the state of Florida since 1990, he extends his service across the state and helps his clients with matters concerning bankruptcy law such as mortgage foreclosures, insolvency, lending transactions, fraudulent transfers, contested confirmations, creditors’ rights, lease assumptions and rejections, and fraud and asset recovery.
Throughout his career, Mr. Rice has worked with a diverse range of clients, including debtors, lenders, trustees, committees and lessors. He has extensive experience assisting clients with Chapter 11-related cases and regularly counsels on unsecured claims, liquidation issues and the acquisition of a distressed business. When it comes to restructuring a business entity, he works closely with both businesses and individual clients and helps them preserve the enterprise value of the organization.
Mr. Rice has consistently received high praise from his colleagues and has been peer-review rated AV Preeminent* through Martindale-Hubbell. He has also been listed in Chambers USA and The Best Lawyers in America for several years in the Bankruptcy Litigation category.
A University of Florida graduate, Mr. Rice received his undergraduate degree in business administration in 1987. He joined the University of Florida Levin College of Law and earned his doctorate in jurisprudence in 1990 and was also inducted into the Order of the Coif.
Currently serving as an officer and director at the Tampa Bay Bankruptcy Bar Association, Mr. Rice was the president of the nonprofit Coastal Conservation Association’s Tampa Chapter.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasBankruptcy: business, Business litigation
- 70% Bankruptcy: business
- 30% Business litigation
First Admitted: 1990, Florida
Professional Webpage: http://www.babc.com/Edwin-G-Rice
- Tampa Bay Bankruptcy Bar Association, Officer and Director
- The Florida Bar - Business Law Section
- Federal Bar Association, Tampa Bay Chapter, Bankruptcy Chair
- Coastal Conservation Association, Tampa Chapter, Past President
- University of Florida, B.S.B.A., 1987
- Chambers USA, Bankruptcy/Restructuring
- Best Lawyers, Bankruptcy & Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency &Reorganization Law
- Best Lawyers, Litigation - Bankruptcy
- Tampay Bay Magazine's Tampa Bay's Top Lawyers
- U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers®Best Law Firms, Banking and Finance Law and Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law.
Office location for Edwin G. Rice
100 North Tampa Street
Tampa, FL 33602
- Super Lawyers: 2013 - 2023
Additional sources of information about Edwin G. Rice
Find me online
- Should American courts recognize medical marijuana access as a fundamental right for all citizens? A new Budding Tr… https://t.co/tsPnps4x4q
- At a recent Mortgage Bankers Association servicing solutions conference covered by Inside the CFPB, Jonathan Kolodz… https://t.co/1iJTo9PV25
- The American Academy of Appellate Lawyers has elected Marc James Ayers and Michael Bentley as Fellows. We congratul… https://t.co/jzfiSIX27L