G. Donovan Conwell, Jr.
Top rated Business Litigation attorney in Tampa, FloridaConwell Business Law, LLLP
A highly accomplished civil trial attorney, G. Donovan Conwell Jr. is the founder of Conwell Business Law, LLLP. Based in Tampa, Florida, he represents clients in the Tampa Bay area as well as throughout the state and nationwide with matters involving business litigation, intellectual property (IP) law, technology and internet law, real estate litigation, unfair competition and noncompete agreements, business entities and employment litigation.
A significant portion of Mr. Conwell's practice is centered on intellectual property protection and litigation. The types of matters that he has handled in this regard have included copyrights, trademarks, patents, trade secrets and rights of publicity. He has represented defendants as well as plaintiffs, and his cases have involved internet technologies, computer software and hardware, hospitals, retailers, wholesalers, manufacturers, entertainment companies, banks, publishers, authors, hospitals and other health care providers, and pharmaceuticals.
In addition to his intellectual property experience, Mr. Conwell's litigation background has encompassed noncompete agreements, corporate governance, securities law, real estate, construction, unfair competition, breach of contracts, fraud, defamation, invasion of privacy and franchise disputes. He has also been able to help his clients resolve some of these issues outside of the courtroom through mediation and arbitration.
Board-certified by The Florida Bar as skilled in intellectual property litigation, business litigation and civil trial law, Mr. Conwell is the go-to attorney for clients dealing with IP or business matters. He provides tailored legal services for each client’s unique case and is a zealous advocate for their rights and liberties.
Mr. Conwell's successful track record throughout his career has earned him a great deal of recognition from his colleagues, including an AV Preeminent* peer-review rating through Martindale-Hubbell and a 10.0 peer-review rating through Avvo. In addition, he has been selected for inclusion in the Best Lawyers in America. Tampamagazines.com named him to its 2021 Top Lawyers Edition in the areas of Trade Secrets Law and Trademark Law.
A published author and frequent lecturer on topics related to his practice areas, Mr. Conwell is an active participant in several legal organizations. He is a member of the American Bar Association’s Computer and Internet Litigation Committee and Intellectual Law Section, The Florida Bar’s Computer and Internet Law Committee and Intellectual Property Committee, Hillsborough County Bar Association’s Technology Committee, and the Hillsborough County Bar Association’s Committee on Professionalism.
Mr. Conwell attended the University of Notre Dame Law School and was awarded his Juris Doctor in 1983. Graduating cum laude, he obtained his Bachelor of Arts degree from the Oral Roberts University with dean’s list honors and president’s honors. He has been admitted to practice in Florida and before the U.S. District Court for the Middle and Southern Districts of Florida, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit, the U.S. Supreme Court and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasBusiness Litigation, Intellectual Property Litigation
- 50% Business Litigation
- 50% Intellectual Property Litigation
First Admitted: 1983, Florida
Professional Webpage: https://www.conwellbusinesslaw.com/attorney/conwell-g-donova...
- Bay Area Legal Services - Sustaining Law Firm
- Florida Bar Intellectual Property Committee, Annual Symposium Task Force
- Hillsborough County Bar Association’s Committee on Professionalism, Co-chair
- The Florida Bar Intellectual Property Committee, Inaugural Member of the Intellectual Property Certification Committee
- U.S. Court of Appeals Federal Circuit, 2008
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1994
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit, 1984
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida, 1983
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida, 1983
- Florida, 1983
- International Network of Boutique Law Firms, President Tampa Chapter
- Tampa Bay chapter of the International Network of Boutique Law Firms, Founding president
- American Bar Association’s Computer and Internet Litigation Committee, Chair
- Hillsborough County Bar Association’s Technology Committee, Chair
- Florida Supreme Court Committee on Jury Instructions - Contracts and Business Cases, Member
- The Florida Bar’s Computer and Internet Law Committee, Committee chair
- Certified by the Florida Bar as an expert in Business Litigation, Intellectual Property and Civil Trial Law
- Florida’s Legal Elite
- AVVO Top Rated Lawyer 2021
- Tampamagazines.com April 2021 Top Lawyers Edition, Trade Secrets Law and Trademark Law
- Rated 10.0 out of 10 by AVVO
- Rated AV Preeminent by Martindale Hubbell
- Best Lawyers in America as Tampa Bay's "Lawyer of the Year" for Intellectual Property Litigation
- Best Lawyers in America in the fields of Intellectual Property, Business Litigation and Technology Law
- Florida Super Lawyers
- Oral Roberts University, B.A., Honors: cum laude, Honors: President's Honor List, Honors: Dean's Honor List - 1980
- The Computer Litigation Journal, Founding editor
- Health Care
- Internet Security
Office location for G. Donovan Conwell, Jr.
12610 Race Track Road
Tampa, FL 33626