Jacob J. Munch
Top rated Transportation & Maritime attorney in Tampa, FloridaMunch and Munch, P.A.
Attorney Jacob J. Munch is a founding partner with Munch and Munch, P.A., law firm in Tampa, Florida. Nationally recognized as among the best trial lawyers in the country, Mr. Munch has more than 37 years of total legal experience, and he provides invaluable representation to a diverse range of clients throughout the greater Tampa Bay area and all across the state who have legal needs involving any of the following:
· Admiralty and maritime law
· Personal injury and wrongful death
· Insurance claims
Board-certified by The Florida Bar as a Specialist in Admiralty and Maritime Law, and also in Civil Trial Law, Mr. Munch has achieved remarkable success fighting for the rights and entitlements of his plaintiff clients dealing with complex injury claims involving boating and watercraft accidents, cruise ship passenger injuries, Jones Act seaman's claims and more. He also holds his certification as a civil mediator in Florida, and he has helped numerous clients resolve their conflicts and obtain the favorable outcomes they deserve in the most efficient and cost-effective manner possible.
Before becoming an attorney, Mr. Munch served in the American Merchant Marine utilizing his U.S. Coast Guard license as a 3rd mate and 3rd assistant engineer, and he has a deep passion for all maritime-related activities. This passion and experience help make him more effective at handling his clients' maritime injury claims, and he has recovered millions of dollars in total compensation for those he has served.
Honored for his impeccable professionalism and outstanding client service, Mr. Munch has earned consistent recognition from The Best Lawyers in America©, and he has received many other top rankings and endorsements from his peers. He has also received numerous five-star reviews and testimonials from his satisfied clients, and he is proud to be able to help so many innocent accident victims in their times of dire need.
Mr. Munch graduated with honors from the U.S. Merchant Marine Academy in 1979 with a degree in marine engineering and nautical science. After his service with the U.S. Coast Guard, he attended Tulane Law School in New Orleans, Louisiana, where he obtained his Juris Doctor cum laude in 1983. He is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Northern, Southern and Middle Districts of Florida as well as before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit and the U.S. Supreme Court.
A leader in his legal community, he has served as vice chairperson of The Florida Bar's Admiralty and Maritime Law Committee as well as port director for the Southeastern Admiralty Law Institute. He is also an active member of the American Board of Trial Advocates, the Hillsborough County and American Bar Association and the Maritime Law Association of the United States, among his other professional affiliations.
Best Lawyers® and The Best Lawyers in America© are registered trademarks of BL Rankings, LLC d/b/a Best Lawyers and Co., LLC. The names, logo, and database are protected under the trademark, copyright, and fair use laws of the United States of America. Any use of name, including in electronic form, must be made only by permission and under the guidelines of BL Rankings, LLC d/b/a Best Lawyers and Co., LLC.
Practice areasTransportation/Maritime, Insurance Coverage, Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
Admiralty & Maritime Law, Insurance, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Transportation Law, Wrongful Death
- 40% Transportation/Maritime
- 30% Insurance Coverage
- 30% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 1983, Florida
Professional Webpage: https://munchandmunch.com/attorney-profile/jacob-j-munch/
- Vice Chairperson; FL Bar Admiralty and Maritime Law Committee, 1986-87
- Port Director, Tampa, FL; Southeastern Admiralty Law Institute, 2013-14
- American Association for Justice
- Florida Justice Association
- Southeastern Admiralty Law Institute
- Florida, 1983
- Maritime Law Association of the United States
- Florida Bar admiralty and Maritime Law Committee
- Hillsborough County and American Bar Association
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit
- 5/5 Star Peer Rating
- Super Lawyers Top Maritime Lawyers in Florida
- Best Lawyers in America for Admiralty and Maritime Law
- Florida Supreme Court Certified Circuit Civil Mediator
- Florida Bar Board Certified Civil Trial Lawyer
- Florida Bar Board Certified Admiralty and Maritime Lawyer
- Federal Court Mediator
- The United States Merchant Marine Academy, Kings Point, NY, B.S., With Honors, 1979
Office location for Jacob J. Munch
600 S Magnolia Ave
Tampa, FL 33606