James D. Clark
Top Rated Medical Malpractice Attorney in Tampa, FL
- Free Consultation
Attorney James D. Clark is a partner with Alley, Clark & Greiwe law firm in Tampa, Florida. Nationally recognized as among the top trial lawyers in the country, Mr. Clark has more than 45 years of total legal experience, and he provides exceptional advocacy and support to clients throughout the state who have suffered serious injuries or lost loved ones due to another party's negligence or wrongdoing.
Handling all types of personal injury, wrongful death and medical malpractice claims, Mr. Clark has recovered millions of dollars in total compensation for his plaintiff clients adversely affected by defective products, unsafe drugs and dangerous pharmaceuticals, and other acts of medical malpractice. Devoted to his clients' success, he has gained a reputation for his fierce advocacy and aggressive approach to helping his clients obtain the maximum amount of finances they deserve.
Mr. Clark has earned a reputation as a leader in his field, and he has contributed to the Florida Medical Malpractice Handbook along with publishing many articles on a variety of topics related to personal injury and medical malpractice law. He holds his board certification as a civil trial lawyer and a civil trial advocate from The Florida Bar, and he is a board-certified circuit court mediator.
Honored for his outstanding professionalism, Mr. Clark has earned an AV-Preeminent peer review rating* from Martindale-Hubbell along with consistent recognition from The Best Lawyers in America, including the organization's Lawyer of the Year award in 2011. He has also been listed among the Top 100 Trial Lawyers by The National Trial Lawyers and received other top rankings and endorsements from his peers as well as numerous testimonials and referrals from his satisfied clients.
Mr. Clark obtained his Juris Doctor from Florida State University College of Law in 1974, and The Florida Bar admitted him to practice the following year. He also holds his license to practice in North Carolina, and he is admitted to practice before all U.S. District Courts in Florida and the Middle and Eastern Districts of North Carolina as well as the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 2nd, 5th and 11th Circuits, and the U.S. Supreme Court.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Certificates and Credentials
About James D. Clark
First Admitted: 1975, Florida
Professional Webpage: https://www.tampatriallawyers.com/attorneys/james-d-clark/
- Florida Bar Board Certified — Civil Trial
- Recipient of the "In the Trenches Award" in 1996 for Excellence in Civil Trials. Awarded by the Hillsborough County Bar Association., Best Lawyers in America, 2005
- AV-rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- 2016 "Lawyer of the Year" in Plaintiff’s Product Liability Litigation in Tampa by Best Lawyers®., 2016
- Awarded the Mike Fogarty Memorial "In the Trenches Award" by the Trial Lawyers Section, Hillsborough County Bar Association for excellence in civil litigation
- 2018 "Lawyer of the Year" in Plaintiff’s Product Liability Litigation in Tampa by Best Lawyers®., 2018, 2018
- Mr. Clark has been selected annually since 2005 as one of the best lawyers in America by Best Lawyers and he is currently recognized in four separate speciality categories – Personal Injury Litigation, Mass Tort Litigation, Medical Malpractice Law, and Products Liability Law
- 2011 "Lawyer of the Year" in Tampa Medical Malpractice Law in Tampa by Best Lawyers, 2011
- Author, Chapter 11,"Jury Selection", FLORIDA MEDICAL MALPRACTICE HANDBOOK, published by The Florida Bar--1st Ed. 2006 and 2nd Ed. 2009; frequent lecturer/presenter at CLE Seminars on trial tactics.
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1982
- Executive Council, Florida Bar, Trial Lawyers Section
- North Carolina, 1979
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- Eagle Member, Florida Justice Association
- President, American Board of Trial Advocates, Tampa Bay Chapter, 1993
- Florida, 1975
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- National Board of Trial Advocacy
- Executive Council, Hillsborough County Bar Association, Trial Lawyers Section
- Sustaining Member, American Association of Justice
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
Last Updated: 5/15/2022