Jay P. Lechner
Top Rated Employment Litigation Attorney in Tampa, FL
Selected to Rising Stars: 2009 - 2011
- Free Consultation
Attorney Jay P. Lechner focuses his practice on employment and labor law. As the founder of Lechner Law in Tampa, Florida, Mr. Lechner represents individuals and businesses in Tampa and throughout the state of Florida in matters involving discrimination, harassment, noncompete agreements, overtime disputes, whistleblower actions and wrongful termination.
Prior to founding Lechner Law, Mr. Lechner practiced at several private Florida-based law firms, serving in the roles of associate, partner, chair and founder. He is board-certified in labor and employment law by the Florida Bar Board of Legal Specialization & Education, and has served for 10 years as the chapter editor for a treatise on the Fair Labor Standards Act.
U.S. News and World report named Mr. Lechner a Tampa Bay “lawyer of the year” in employment law and management. He is listed in the publication The Best Lawyers in America and Florida Trend magazine included him on its “legal elite” list in 2010.
Volunteering his time is very important to Mr. Lechner. He serves as an executive council member for the Florida Bar’s Labor and Employment Law Section. He is a recorder and website manager for the Knights of Columbus. He is a former chairman of the editorial board of the Florida Bar News & Journal.
Mr. Lechner received a bachelor’s degree in political science and government from the University of Florida and earned his law degree from the University of Florida Levin College of Law. He obtained his license to practice law in 2001, which made him eligible to appear before all Florida state courts.
- 20%Employment Litigation: Plaintiff
- 30%Employment & Labor: Employer
- 30%Employment Litigation: Defense
- 20%Employment & Labor: Employee
Employment Discrimination, Wrongful Termination, Retaliation, Employment Law - Employee, Wage & Hour Laws, Whistleblower, Sexual Harassment
- Super Lawyers: 2014 - 2022
- Rising Stars: 2009 - 2011
Certificates and Credentials
- Florida Bar Board of Legal Specialization
Labor & Employment Law
About Jay P. Lechner
First Admitted: 2001, Florida
Professional Webpage: https://jaylechner.com/
- Tampa Bay "Lawyer of the Year," Employment Law (Mgmt) US News & World Report, 2020
- Board Certified in Labor & Employment by the Florida Bar, 2009
Pro bono/Community Service
- "Volunteer of the Year" - Florida Bar Labor & Employment Section, 2017
- Prejudice is not a condition of finding that an employer, by litigating too long, waived its right to compel arbitr… https://t.co/nrC6La5bzk
- #PPPfraud whistleblowers may be entitled to recovery. https://t.co/bob1hYXSwD
- "Our Constitution was not designed to erase religion from American life; it was designed to ensure 'respect and tol… https://t.co/x21AbVRMxN
Last Updated: 5/15/2022