John Lewis Holcomb, Jr.
Top rated Employment Litigation attorney in Tampa, FloridaHolcomb Law, PLLC
John L. Holcomb, Jr. is an attorney serving individuals throughout Florida and California. A top-rated attorney with more than 12 years of legal experience, Mr. Holcomb provides exceptional advocacy and support to clients across Florida and California who have legal needs involving any of the following:
- Employment law claims involving wrongful termination, workplace discrimination, harassment, improper employee classification, employer retaliation and other serious grievances
- Personal injury and wrongful death
- Product liability claims and class actions
Prior to founding Holcomb Law, Mr. Holcomb led a successful practice as founding partner of a prominent plaintiff injury firm in Los Angeles, California. Before that, he worked at an insurance defense firm in Los Angeles, where he protected the rights and interests of corporations and insurance companies. Realizing he found far greater reward serving the needs of individuals and families suffering needlessly through no fault of their own, he shifted his focus to plaintiff representation.
Since that time, he has achieved considerable success helping his clients find the justice they deserve following an injury or loss caused by someone else's negligence as well as those who experienced a serious violation of their rights as workers on the job. Noted for his outstanding professionalism and service, he has earned consistent top rankings and endorsements from his peers along with numerous testimonials and referrals from his satisfied clients.
A 2004 graduate of the University of Colorado Boulder, Mr. Holcomb studied abroad for a year at the University of Regensburg in Germany before returning to the U.S. to pursue his legal degree. He then attended Southwestern Law School, where he obtained his Juris Doctor in 2008 and won the CALI Award for his excellent academic achievements in International Media Law. During this time, he also completed an intensive summer program involving international art law at the University of London.
Mr. Holcomb holds his license to practice in Florida and California, and he is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida and the Southern, Central and Northern Districts of California as well as the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit.
Passionate about helping others outside of his legal practice, Mr. Holcomb serves as a board member of Sunrise Community, Inc., a Miami based non-profit serving individuals with special needs. He is the former Vice Chair of the board of the Exceptional Children's Foundation in Los Angeles. He has also served as co-chairman of the American Council on Germany's Los Angeles Chapter and Advisory Board for the United Way in Germany as well as a youth leader for the nonprofit association Atlantik-Brücke.
Practice areasEmployment Litigation: Plaintiff, Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
Employment Discrimination, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Retaliation, Sexual Abuse - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Trucking Accidents, Wrongful Death, Wrongful Termination
- 50% Employment Litigation: Plaintiff
- 50% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 2008, California
Professional Webpage: https://holcomb.law/jack-holcomb/
- University of Colorado Boulder, B.A., 2004
- My firm Holcomb Law was selected as a Best Law Firm for 2023 by Best Lawyers - U.S. News and World Report., 2023
- I serve on the board of Sunrise Community, Inc., a Miami based non-profit serving the needs of individuals with special needs throughout the east coast. I have been on this board for three years. https://sunrisegroup.org/board-members/ Immediately prior to joining this board I was vice president of the board of the Exceptional Children’s Foundation, a non-profit helping children and adults with special needs throughout Los Angeles County. , 2023
- I serve on the advisory board of United Way, Germany. I have held this position for the past 5 years., 2022
- Member of the Florida Justice Association, 2023
- Member of Consumer Attorneys of Los Angeles., 2023
- Member of the Cheatwood Inn of Court in Hillsborough County., 2023
- Member of the Hillsborough County Bar Association, 2023
Office location for John Lewis Holcomb, Jr.
601 S Harbour Island Blvd
Tampa, FL 33602
- Rising Stars: 2022