Top Rated Criminal Defense Attorney in Tampa, FL
- Free Consultation
Attorney Jonathan Hackworth is the founder and owner of Hackworth Law PA in Tampa, Florida. Nationally ranked as among the top trial attorneys in the country, Mr. Hackworth has nearly 10 years of legal experience, and he provides outstanding representation and support to clients throughout the greater Tampa Bay area and all across the state who have legal needs involving any of the following:
· Criminal law
· Family law
· Insurance law
Over the course of his legal career, Mr. Hackworth has achieved considerable success advocating for his clients and helping them obtain the favorable outcomes they expect and deserve for their serious and pressing legal challenges as efficiently and cost-effectively as possible.
A native of West Virginia, he learned the values of hard work and taking pride in his job while working in the state's coal fields with his father. Mr. Hackworth incorporates these virtues into his practice, and he has gained a reputation for his unwavering dedication to his clients and his tireless devotion to helping them through a very difficult and uncertain time in their lives.
A former public defender in Pinellas County, Mr. Hackworth successfully handled dozens of jury trials, and he gained invaluable experience defending the rights and liberties of the accused. He then worked as an insurance defense attorney, and he uses the insight he gained into the industry, which helps him devise the most effective strategies possible to help policyholders, as well as those who have suffered injury or loss as a result of someone else's negligence, to obtain the full amount of their benefits and compensation.
Honored for his impeccable professionalism and superior client service, Mr. Hackworth has earned a Top 30 Under 30 designation from the Tampa Bay Business Journal and a Top 40 under 40 designation from The National Trial Lawyers along with many other top rankings and endorsements from his peers. He has also received Superb, 10 out of 10 client ratings as well as the Gold Client Champion Award from Martindale-Hubbell.
A 2007 graduate of West Virginia University, Mr. Hackworth obtained his Juris Doctor from Stetson University College of Law in 2010. He has also received his Masters of DUI, and he is a graduate of trial advocacy from the Public Defender College. He is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Middle and Southern Districts of Florida. He is also an active member of The National Trial Lawyers association and the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, among his other professional affiliations.
- 30%Criminal Defense
- 40%Family Law
- 30%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
Criminal Law, Drug & Alcohol Violations, Murder, Criminal Domestic Violence, Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Divorce, Animal Bites, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Brain Injury
- Rising Stars: 2015 - 2022
About Jonathan Hackworth
First Admitted: 2010, Florida
Professional Webpage: https://bhtampa.com/attorneys-staff/jon-hackworth/
Pro bono/Community Service
- Children’s Dream Fund
- Big Brothers, Big Sisters of Tampa
- West Virginia University, Bachelor of Arts degree in Multi-Disciplinary Studies
- State v. Ralph Wald - Client charged with murder, found not guilty at jury trial. State v. D. Herman - Client charged with possession of marijuana, found not guilty at jury trial. State v. K. Sutherland - Client charged with Burglary with a Battery, charges dropped, 2013
- Tampa Bay Business Journal, Top Thirty Under Thirty, 2014
- Florida Bar Public Service Fellow
- Montana Bar Association, 2019
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Hillsborough County Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Clearwater Bar Association
- St. Petersburg Bar Association
- Hillsborough County Bar Association
- Florida State Courts
- Florida Bar, 2010
- Middle District of Florida
- Southern District of Florida
- Florida Association Of Criminal Defense Lawyers
Last Updated: 5/15/2022