Keith W. Meehan
Top Rated Business Litigation Attorney in Tampa, FL
Keith Meehan is an attorney with Morgan & Morgan and works out of the firm's Tampa, Florida, law office. A lead attorney with the firm's Trial Group, Mr. Meehan represents a diverse range of clients throughout the region who are dealing with complex business litigation matters involving contract disputes, real estate, professional malpractice, business torts, bankruptcy adversary litigation and other serious issues.
Widely recognized as an emerging leader in business litigation, Mr. Meehan has established himself as an invaluable ally for companies and business owners seeking to protect their rights and interests in the face of serious legal disputes that threaten to undermine what they have worked so hard to achieve. In 2017, Florida Trends magazine voted Mr. Meehan a "Legal Elite" in business litigation, and he has received numerous other accolades from his peers along with positive reviews and referrals from his satisfied clients.
Mr. Meehan graduated from Emory University in 2008 with a Bachelor of Arts in economics. While pursuing his undergraduate degree, he was team captain of the varsity soccer team and a member of the prestigious Omicron Delta Epsilon Economics Honor Society. Mr. Meehan then attended Stetson University College of Law in Gulfport, Florida, where he received the James R. Wilson Scholarship for Excellence in Trusts and Estates Law. He obtained his Juris Doctor in 2011.
Along with practicing before all Florida state courts, Mr. Meehan is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Northern, Middle and Southern Districts of Florida. He is an active member of The Florida Bar as well as the Hillsborough County Bar Association and the Tampa Bay Bankruptcy Bar Association.
About Keith W. Meehan
First Admitted: 2011, Florida
Professional Webpage: https://www.forthepeople.com/attorneys/keith-w-meehan/
- Florida Super Lawyers magazine’s “Rising Star” accolade in Business Litigation, 2015-2018
- Named as one of 2017’s “Florida’s Legal Elite” by Florida Trend in Business Litigation
- Recipient of the James R. Wilson Scholarship for excellence in Trusts and Estate Law
- Omicron Delta Epsilon Economics Honor Society Member, Emory University
- Florida Trend Legal Elite, Up and Comer (Commercial Litigation), 2017
- Super Lawyers, Rising Star (Business Litigation), 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
- Tampa Bay Bankruptcy Bar Association
- Hillsborough County Bar Association
- The Florida Bar, Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section
- The Florida Bar, Environmental and Land Use Law Section
- The Florida Bar, Business Law Section
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- Emory University (B.A., Economics), 2008
- Jesuit High School (Tampa), 2004
- The Bankruptcy Court for the Middle District of Florida (Judge Williamson) rendered an opinion interpreting the Supreme Court's ruling in Stern v. Marshall and stated that the Stern Court merely changed “one isolated respect” and made a very “narrow” ruling. In re Safety Harbor Resort & Spa, 2011 LEXIS 3238 (Bankr. M.D. Fla. Aug. 20, 2011). Therefore, the Bankruptcy Court reasoned in Safety Harbor that the “lock up” provisions proved to be integral to the confirmation of the plan and thus, as it was a core proceeding, fell within the Bankruptcy Court’s jurisdiction under 28 U.S.C. § 157(b)(2)(L). Moreover, the parties expressly and impliedly consented to the Bankruptcy Court’s jurisdiction through the actions in the case. , Business as Usual; Stern v. Marshall Did Not Change That Much, The Cramdown, Tampa Bay Bankruptcy Bar Association, 2011
- Attorneys Jonathan Rabinowitz, Luke Mitcheson & Garrett Lee joined our friends from the Massachusetts AFL-CIO for G… https://t.co/1rM5rbDkz6
- #VerdictAlert! Mike Smith, Raissa Booze and Chris Hinckley just received a $921,172.05 verdict for their client in… https://t.co/4hep6lUPJ2
- Hard work always pays off 💪 #MondayMotivation https://t.co/ThHBgr2fo4
- @orlandoribbons @JohnMorganESQ Thank you for doing this for the Orlando community! Our employees will… https://t.co/POuuJEXJtY
- #VerdictAlert in ATL!! Laura Maki and Jon Hawk just received a $1,780,000.00 verdict for their clients - a mother,… https://t.co/cBHZNYPz7u
Last Updated: 5/15/2022