Top rated Business Litigation attorney in Tampa, FloridaBrick Business Law, P.A.
Practice Areas: Business Litigation, Business & Corporate; view more
Licensed in Florida since: 2005
Education: Florida State University College of Law
Brick Business Law, P.A.3413 W Fletcher Ave
Tampa, FL 33618 Visit website
Attorney Kevin Brick founded his Tampa law firm, Brick Business Law, P.A. in 2015 after spending more than 10 years building a reputation as one of Florida's leading business litigation attorneys. Today, he focuses his practice on litigating business and other disputes in central Florida. Typical cases include business and shareholder disputes, contracts, non-competes, fraud, defamation, consumer and employment disputes, criminal defense, injury and related litigation.
In addition to helping resolve business-related disputes, Mr. Brick also offers corporate counseling and advisory services to business clients such as legal research, advice, contract drafting, corporate governance and general business advice and structuring and negotiating of contracts.
Mr. Brick began his legal career in 2005 after earning an MBA and law degree, with honors, from Florida State University. After law school, he joined a respected Tampa business law firm, which he followed with positions as in-house counsel and assistant state attorney in Hillsborough County where he tried over 100 cases as first or second-chair. He went on to work for an AV-rated firm before opening Brick Business Law in 2015.
He has been a speaker on numerous topics, including property and real estate taxation, employment and ethical issues. He is a member of the Hillsborough County Bar, the Business Litigation section of the Florida Bar and has graduated from the Hillsborough County Bar's Leadership Class as well as the Florida Trial Lawyer's Advanced Trial Advocacy class.
Mr. Brick has received a number of honors and awards for his ethics and legal ability over his career, including a "Superb" rating from Avvo and an AV Preeminent peer review rating* from Martindale-Hubbell. In addition, Florida Trend magazine has listed him among the state's "Legal Elite" and he has been recognized as a "Rising Star" by SuperLawyers.
He has volunteered his time to numerous organizations, having served on the Board of Directors of a non-profit corporation, as a "Big Brother" for Big Brothers Big Sisters, as a volunteer attorney for VITA and the Pro Bono Partnership of Atlanta, among others. He has also served as a small group leader and in various volunteer capacities with church groups.
*AV®, BV®, AV Preeminent® and BV Distinguished® are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings fall into two categories – legal ability and general practice standards.
Practice areasBusiness Litigation, Business/Corporate
Business Organizations, Contracts, Limited Liability Companies, Non-Compete Agreements, Partnership, Trade Secret
- 80% Business Litigation
- 20% Business/Corporate
First Admitted: 2005, Florida
Professional Webpage: http://www.brickbusinesslaw.com/kevin-g-brick.html
- B.A., Business, Rhodes College, Honors: Order of Omega National Honor Society, Rhodes Award Scholarship Recipient, Varsity Football Player, Fraternity Vice President and Philanthropy Chairman and Dean’s List, 2000
- Florida State University, M.B.A., President, MBA Association, 2004
- Florida, 2005
- Hillsborough County Bar Association, Member, 2005-present
- Hillsborough County Bar Association Leadership Class, Member, 2014-present
- Hillsborough County Leadership Class, 2014-2015
- U.S. Southern District of Florida, 2014
- Business Litigation Section of Florida Bar, Member, 2015-present
- Graduate of Advanced Trial Advocacy Class, Florida Trial Lawyers Association, Member, 2014-present
- Georgia, 2009
- U.S Middle District of Florida, 2005
- American Bar Association, Member, 2001-present
- Barrister, Tampa Bay Inn of Court, Member, 2015-present
- Top 2% of Florida Bar attorneys, Florida Legal Elite, Florida Trends, 2014
- Highest possible rating for legal ability and ethics, AV Preeminent Rated, Martindale Hubbell, 2019
- Top 5% of Florida Bar Members, Superlawyer, Thomson Reuters, 2019
- Highest possible rating for ethics and legal ability, AV Preeminent Rated, Martindale Hubbell, 2018
- AV Preeminent Rated, Martindale Hubbell, 2015
- Recipient of Client Choice Award
- Tampa's Top Rated Lawyer's in Litigation, Legal Leaders, 2014
- Rated as "Superb" Avvo, 2014
- Dean’s List, Florida State University, 2004
- AV Preeminent Rated, Martindale Hubbell, 2013
- Top Lawyers in Florida, The Legal Network, 2014
- AV-preeminent rated, Martindale-Hubbell, 2017
- Rising Star, SuperLawyers, 2015
- Florida Legal Elite, Florida Trends Magazine, 2014
- Florida State Business Review Journal, Florida State University, 2004
- Phi Delta Phi Honor Society, Florida State University
- Clients' Choice Award, Avvo, 2014
- Rising Star, SuperLawyers, 2016
- Outstanding Pro Bono Award, Florida State University, 2004
- Top Lawyers in Florida – The Legal Network
- AV Preeminent rated, Martindale Hubbell, 2014
- With honors, Florida State University, 2004
- AV Preeiminent Rated, Martindale Hubbell, 2016
- Top Lawyers in Florida, The Legal Network, 2013
- Speaker, Minimizing the Effects of Implicit Bias in the Workplace, Tampa Bay Inns of Court, 2016
Office location for Kevin Brick
3413 W Fletcher Ave
Tampa, FL 33618
- Super Lawyers: 2019 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2015 - 2017