Kevin M. McLaughlin
Top rated personal injury attorney in Tampa, FloridaWagner McLaughlin
Practice Areas: Personal injury, Transportation & maritime, Medical malpractice
Licensed in Florida since: 1996
Education: Stetson University College of Law
In a firm that puts the highest priority on protecting the injured individual, board-certified trial lawyer Kevin McLaughlin fits in perfectly. Starting his career on the corporate side, Kevin soon realized that his dedication to plaintiffs’ rights was his true purpose and calling. He joined Wagner McLaughlin in 1997 and quickly rose to the rank of partner.
While attending law school, Kevin clerked for the judges in the Civil Division of the Thirteenth Judicial Circuit, Hillsborough County, Florida. Upon graduation, he worked for an insurance defense firm and handled cases involving insurance disputes, coverage issues, automobile negligence, and premises liability claims for some of the largest insurers in the country. This preparation helped Kevin become an expert in handling plaintiffs’ claims. Kevin knows how both the opposition and the courts think, which enhances his ability to be an effective advocate for his clients.
Kevin represents plaintiffs with wrongful death and personal injury claims. His practice encompasses a broad range of claims including admiralty and maritime, premises liability, medical negligence, automotive and products liability actions. His wealth of experience benefits his clients through his ability to assess all sides of the situation.
Kevin is a member of the American Board of Trial Advocates, where he is an officer of the Tampa Bay Chapter. He also sits on the Board of Directors for the Hillsborough County Bar Association. He is a member of the Florida Justice Association, the Southeastern Admiralty Law Institute, and the American Association for Justice.
A resident of Tampa since early childhood, Kevin is an honor graduate of Wake Forest University, where he earned his Bachelor of Arts degree in history in 1993. Three years later, he received his Juris Doctorate from the Stetson University College of Law. He resides in Tampa with his wife, Daun, and their two children.
First Admitted: 1996, Florida
Professional Webpage: https://www.wagnerlaw.com/our-team/kevin-mclaughlin/
- Board Certified Civil Trial Lawyer by The Florida Bar (www.flabar.org)
- Received B.A. in history from Wake Forest University in 1993
- Graduated from Stetson University College of Law in 1996
- Member, American Bar Association (www.americanbar.org)
- Admitted to Practice – United States Supreme Court, U.S. District Court, Northern, Middle, and Southern Districts of Florida, All Florida State Courts
- Member, American Association for Justice (www.justice.org)
- Member, American Board of Trial Advocates (Treasurer, Tampa Bay Chapter 2012)(www.abota.org)
- Member, Florida Justice Association (Young Lawyers Section Board of Directors 2000-2005) (www.floridajusticeassociation.org)
- Board of Directors, Hillsborough County Bar Association 2012-Present
- Admitted to the Florida Bar in 1996
- Young Lawyers Division Board of Directors 2002 -2007; President Elect 2005; President 2006 (www.hillsbar.com)
- ‘AV’ Rated by Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory
- Super Lawyers: 2012 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2009 - 2011
Certificates and credentials