Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Tampa, FL
Selected to Rising Stars: 2014
Attorney Marc Matthews is the founder and owner of Matthews Injury Law, which has law offices in Tampa, Sarasota and Lakeland, Florida. A nationally ranked trial lawyer with more than 16 years of total legal experience, Mr. Matthews focuses his practice solely on civil litigation and personal injury law, and he provides unmatched counsel and support to clients across his area who have suffered serious injuries or lost a loved one due to the negligent, careless or unlawful actions of others.
Over the course of his legal career, Mr. Matthews has achieved remarkable success advocating on behalf of those adversely affected by motor vehicle accidents, brain injuries, slip-and-fall accidents, defective products and other preventable tragedies. From his efforts, he has recovered millions of dollars in total compensation for his plaintiff clients, earning his membership in the Million Dollar and Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forums.
Among his other notable accolades, Mr. Matthews holds an AV-Preeminent peer review rating* from Martindale-Hubbell, and Florida Trend magazine has named him a Florida Legal Elite. He has also received a Top 100 Trial Lawyers designation from The National Trial Lawyers for the past eight years along with a Top 10 Trucking Trial Lawyers designation. Additionally, he has received Superb, 10 out of 10 client ratings on Avvo along with numerous testimonials and referrals from those he has served.
A 2000 graduate of the University of Central Florida, Mr. Matthews obtained his Juris Doctor from the University of Florida's Fredric G. Levin College of Law in 2003. He is admitted to practice before all state and federal courts in the state, and he is an active member of the American Association of Justice and the Florida Justice Association as well as the Tampa Bay Trial Lawyers Association and the Hillsborough County Bar Association.
Mr. Matthews has also served on the National Advisory Board of the Association of Plaintiff Interstate Trucking Lawyers of America, and he is a graduate of the Leadership Tampa Bay 2009 class. He has also written extensively and conducted lectures and continuing legal education seminars across his region on a variety of legal topics.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 70%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 20%Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
- 10%Civil Litigation: Plaintiff
Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Wrongful Death, Construction Accident, Brain Injury, Toxic Mold, Trucking Accidents, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Medical Malpractice
- Super Lawyers: 2019 - 2022
- Rising Stars: 2014
About Marc Matthews
First Admitted: 2004, Florida
Professional Webpage: https://matthewspersonalinjurylaw.com/legal-team/marc-matthe...
Pro bono/Community Service
- The Ryan Nece Foundation, Board of Directors
- Vincent Jackson’s Jackson in Action 83 Foundation, Board of Directors
- University of Central Florida
- Speaker, the Florida Justice Association’s Hell on the Highways Seminar: Motivating the Trucking Carrier to Settle, 2013
- FJA Journal, Article: Tales from the Defense – The Rise of the Negligent Selection and Hiring Claim, August/September 2011 issue
- Speaker, Association of Plaintiff Interstate Trucking Lawyers of America (APITLA) Super Summit: How to Bullet Proof Your Trucking Case for Trial
- Speaker, American Association for Justice (AAJ) Annual Convention: Trucking Litigation Group, How to Maximize Case Value
- Speaker, National Business Institute (NBI) Seminar Truck Accident Litigation 101: Medicare Set-Aside, Negotiation and Trial Tips
- Speaker, Tampa Bay Trial Lawyers Association’s (TBTLA) Trucking Law Seminar
- Association of Plaintiff Interstate Trucking Lawyers of America, National Advisory Board Member
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Life Member
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Life Member
- Superb (10.0) Avvo Rating
- Florida Super Lawyers, Super Lawyers Magazine
- Florida Legal Elite, Florida Trend Magazine
- Top 10 Trucking Trial Lawyers, National Trial Lawyers Association
- AV Preeminent Rating, Martindale-Hubbell
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers, National Trial Lawyers Association, 2012 - Present
Last Updated: 6/30/2022