Mark A. Hanley
Top rated Employment & Labor attorney in Tampa, FloridaBradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
Bradley provides business clients around the world with a full suite of legal services in dozens of industries and practice areas. Bradley works with businesses and commercial entities.
Employment and labor law attorney Mark A. Hanley works for the Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP, which has multiple offices across the U.S. in Birmingham, Charlotte, Dallas, Houston, Huntsville, Jackson, Montgomery, Nashville, Tampa and Washington, D.C. He helps clients across Florida from the Tampa, Florida, office and offers them legal counsel on matters related to employment litigation, wage and hour law, and employment class actions.
Mr. Hanley has been board certified by The Florida Bar in labor and employment law and the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida has certified him as a District Court Mediator. He has mediated more than 2000 employment law disputes over the course of his legal career. In addition, he handles retaliation and whistleblower claims, and advises management clients on detecting potential legal issues that could affect their companies.
After earning his undergraduate degree from the University of Florida with high honors in 1978, Mr. Hanley obtained his Juris Doctor cum laude from the Stetson University College of Law in 1980. Moreover, he holds an MBA degree from Ball State University. Gaining his license to practice in Florida in 1981, he is also admitted before the U.S. District Courts for the Middle, Southern and Northern Districts of Florida, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit and the U.S. Supreme Court.
Listed in The Best Lawyers in America, Mr. Hanley has won numerous appreciations from the legal community. He has been peer-review rated as AV Preeminent* through Martindale-Hubbell for his professional excellence in the legal field. Furthermore, he is ranked in Chambers USA under the Labor and Employment category, the Tampa Bay Magazine has listed him in the Tampa Bay's Top Lawyers and the Florida Trend magazine has named him in the Legal Elite list. He also holds a “Very Good” rating on Avvo.
An active member of his local community, Mr. Hanley is a part of the Hyde Park United Methodist Church and serves on the board of trustees of The University of Tampa.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasEmployment & Labor: Employee
- 100% Employment & Labor: Employee
First Admitted: 1981, Florida
Professional Webpage: https://www.bradley.com/people/h/hanley-mark-a
- AV Peer Review Rated, Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory; The Best Lawyers in America®, Labor and Employment Law and Alternative Dispute Resolution; The Best Lawyers in America®, Tampa Employment Law - Management Lawyer of the Year; Chambers USA, Labor & Employment; Florida Super Lawyers, Employment & Labor (Florida Top 100 List); Florida Trend Magazine's Legal Elite, Labor & Employment and Mediaton
- Bright Horizons (Past Board Member); Catholic Charities (Past Board Member); Exchange Club (Past Board Member); Hyde Park United Methodist Church (Past Lay Leader); Tampa Lighthouse for the Blind (Past Board Member); The Children's Home (Past Board Member)
- Ball State University, M.B.A., 1982; University of Florida, B.S.B.A. with high honors (Banking and Finance), 1978
- Mark A. Hanley, Contributing Author, Thompson's HR Employment Forms, Thompson Publishing Group Rev. 3rd Ed. (2008). Mark A. Hanley, Judicial Review of NCAA Decisions: Does the College Athlete Have a Property Interest in Interscholastic Athletics?. 10 Stetson L. Rev. 483 (1981). Mark A. Hanley, A Personal Right to Exclusion - A Criticism of U.S. v. Calandra, 9 Stetson L. Rev. 309 (1980).
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida (Past Law Clerk to Chief Judge George C. Young); University of Tampa, Board of Counselors and Board of Trustees (Past President, President-Elect, Trustee); Labor and Employment Law Certification Grade Review Panel; Leadership Tampa, Class of 1992
- Certified by The Florida Bar in Labor & Employment Law; Certified Circuit Court Mediator; Certified District Court Mediator for the U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida
Office location for Mark A. Hanley
100 North Tampa Street
Tampa, FL 33602
- Super Lawyers: 2006 - 2022
Top ListsTop 100: Florida Super Lawyers: 2008 - 2012, 2017 - 2018
Certificates and credentials
Labor & Employment Law