Matthew A. Crist
Top rated personal injury attorney in Tampa, FloridaCrist Legal | PA
Practice Areas: Personal injury, Class action & mass torts, Insurance coverage; view more
Licensed in Florida since: 2007
Education: University of Florida Levin College of Law
Crist Legal | PA2904 W Bay to Bay Blvd
Tampa, FL 33629 Visit website
As a shareholder and attorney at Crist Legal PA, Matthew A. Crist focuses on personal injury and product liability cases including wrongful death, medical malpractice, motor vehicle accidents, defective equipment and insurance bad faith. He also handles general plaintiff, class action lawsuits and mass torts, spreading his practice across Ohio.
Licensed to practice in Florida since 2007, Mr. Crist has also handled a number of cases in the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit.
Mr. Crist completed his B.A. in political science and international relations from the University of Florida in 2000. His Juris Doctor degree was obtained cum laude from the University of Florida Levin College of Law in 2006. Soon, he joined Honorable Judge Marcia Morales Howard as a law clerk at the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida. He has been in private practice for well over a decade working in various law firms across Florida.
Adept in his communications, Mr. Crist is endorsed as a knowledgeable attorney who takes the effort to make his clients understand their cases and support them in the course of the legal processes.
Committed to serving his community, Mr. Crist contributes his services to the Children’s Cancer Center in Tampa and the Plant High School’s Connect Mentoring Programs, and several other causes. He has been featured in many national dailies and television channels, including the New York Post, the Daily Mail, NBC’s Today Show and Fox News.
Mr. Crist’s career growth is reflected in being rated 10/10 on Avvo and AV Preeminent* through Martindale-Hubbell. The Florida Trend magazine recognized his work by naming him to its Legal Elite’s “Up & Comer.” He has memberships in the Tampa Bay Trial Lawyers Association, The Florida Bar, the American Association for Justice and the Florida Justice Association. He is also a board member of the Florida Justice Association’s Young Lawyers Section.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasPersonal injury - general: plaintiff, Class action/mass torts: plaintiff, Insurance coverage
Motor vehicle accidents, Dram shop laws, Brain injury, Trucking accidents, Class actions
- 80% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
- 10% Class action/mass torts: plaintiff
- 10% Insurance coverage
First Admitted: 2007, Florida
Professional Webpage: https://www.cristlegal.com/about-crist-legal-pa/personal-inj...
- "Independent Contractor? So What! Establishing Vicarious Liability for the Negligence of an Independent Contractor," April/May 2017, FJA Journal
- "Stipulated Protective Order Governing Confidential Records: Dealing with Them, Maybe Even Avoiding Them," April/May 2014, FJA Journal
- "Presenting Medical Evidence at Trial: Direct Examination of Medical Experts," March 28, 2013, Hillsborough County Bar Association Family Law Section
- "Rule 1.280(b)(5)(A) Does Not Apply to Treating Physicians," November 2012, Lawyer Magazine, Hillsborough County Bar Association
- University of Florida, BA, Graduated with Honors
- Florida Bar, Member
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- American Association for Justice
- Tampa Bay Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Florida Justice Association, Member of the Board of Directors of the Young Lawyers Section
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- Hillsborough County Bar Association, Trial and Litigation Section, Leadership Institute 2015-2016
- Children’s Cancer Center, Tampa
- Plant High School’s Connect Mentoring Program, Mentor
- “AV Preeminent” by Martindale-Hubbell
- Rated "10 out of 10, Superb" by Avvo
- Recognized by Florida Super Lawyers
- Recognized by Florida Trend’s Legal Elite
Office location for Matthew A. Crist
2904 W Bay to Bay Blvd
Tampa, FL 33629
- Super Lawyers: 2013 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2012