Top rated Insurance Coverage attorney in Tampa, FloridaDanahy & Dunnavant P.A.
Practice Areas: Insurance Coverage
Licensed in Florida since: 1986
Education: Stetson University College of Law
Danahy & Dunnavant P.A.901 West Swann Avenue
Tampa, FL 33606 Visit website
Matthew R. Danahy is an attorney and founding partner at the law firm of Danahy and Dunnavant, located in Tampa, Florida. He devotes his practice to property insurance claims and insurance coverage issues for insureds. He represents insured homeowners, condominium associations and business owners with claims throughout Florida. He focuses on matters involving the underpayment or denial of insurance benefits, along with bad faith claims against insurance companies.
A Tampa native, Mr. Danahy earned his bachelor’s degree in political science and criminal justice from the University of Florida. He received his law degree from Stetson University College of Law and obtained his license to practice law in Florida in 1986. He has also completed a program in law from the University of Oxford’s St Edmund Hall.
Mr. Danahy is qualified to appear before all Florida state courts, the U.S. District Courts for the Middle and Southern Districts of Florida, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit and the Supreme Court of the United States. He is board-certified in civil trial law by The Florida Bar, and both as a civil trial and a pretrial attorney by the National Board of Trial Advocacy. He is certified as a circuit and county court mediator by the Florida Supreme Court.
Starting his legal career as an insurance defense attorney, Mr. Danahy eventually recognized his true passion for helping the victims of injustice. He reversed the direction of his practice area and founded Danahy & Murray, P.A., in 2001, to represent insureds who have been denied their rightful compensation.
Mr. Danahy is peer-review rated AV Preeminent* through Martindale-Hubbell and is a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum. He is also an active member of the Florida Association of Public Insurance Adjusters, the Florida Justice Association and the American Association for Justice.
Rated “Excellent” on Avvo, Mr. Danahy’s clientele describe him as a professional and resilient attorney who exhibits consistent support and efforts for his clients. The Florida Trend magazine has included him on their list of “Legal Elite” in the field of insurance, and he is a certified umpire by the Windstorm Insurance Network. In addition to running his practice, he gives lectures for various professional organizations and frequently appears in the media to discuss insurance-related legal topics.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasInsurance Coverage
- 100% Insurance Coverage
First Admitted: 1986, Florida
Professional Webpage: https://danddlaw.com/our-team/matthew-r-danahy/
- St. Edmund Hall, Oxford University, Oxford, England, Certification through an Accredited Program in Law
- University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida, Degree: Bachelor of Arts
- Florida Bar Association, 1986
- American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA), 2019
- County Court Mediator, Florida Bar, 1998
- Circuit Court Mediator, Florida Bar, 1998
- Umpire, Certified by the Windstorm Insurance Network, 2005
- Pre-Trial Advocate, National Board of Trial Advocacy, 2012
- Civil Trial, Florida Bar, 2000
- Civil Trial Advocate, National Board of Trial Advocacy, 2005
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1990
- Florida Bar Association, 1986
- U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals – Eleventh Circuit, 1987
- U.S. District Court South District of Florida, 2005
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida, 1987
- “AV” rated by the Martindale-Hubbell legal rating service, Martindale-Hubbell, 2001
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Member, Million Dollar Advocates Forum, 2005
Office location for Matthew Danahy
901 West Swann Avenue
Tampa, FL 33606
- Super Lawyers: 2007 - 2023
Certificates and credentials