Michael J. Trentalange
Top rated Medical Malpractice attorney in Tampa, FloridaTrentalange & Kelley, P.A.
Practice Areas: Medical Malpractice; view more
Licensed in Florida since: 1990
Education: Stetson University College of Law
Languages Spoken: English, Italian
Trentalange & Kelley, P.A.218 N. Dale Mabry Highway
Tampa, FL 33609 Visit website
Mike Trentalange focuses his practice exclusively on medical malpractice and civil litigation. Throughout his 30 years of practicing law, Mr. Trentalange has helped hundreds of clients secure the compensation and benefits they needed following an injury or loss caused by another party's negligent, careless or reckless actions.
After graduating from the University of Florida in 1983, Mr. Trentalange served in the U.S. Army before attending Stetson University College of Law. He obtained his Juris Doctor, cum laude, in 1989, and he was admitted to the Florida Bar. Mr. Trentalange also holds a Master's Degree from Harvard Medical School. Mr. Trentalange established his own practice in 1993. He and his partner Elizabeth Kelley founded their current law firm in 2000.
Mr. Trentalange has been recognized as an expert in Civil Trial Law for decades and is certified by the National Board of Trial Advocacy as a specialist in civil trial law. Mr. Trentalange is deeply committed to his practice, and he remains active in many professional legal organizations, including the Florida Justice Association, the Tampa Bay Trial Lawyers Association, and the American Association for Justice. He is also a member of the Lawyer-Pilots Bar Association.
As a result of his success obtaining substantial settlements and awards on behalf of his clients, Mr. Trentalange is a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, and he has received numerous awards and honors for his service and professionalism, including an AV-Preeminent peer-review rating* from Martindale-Hubbell.
Along with practicing before the U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Middle Districts of Florida, Mr. Trentalange is admitted to practice before both the U.S. Supreme Court and the Florida Supreme Court as well as U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces. He is also admitted to practice in Washington, D.C.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasPersonal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
Birth Injury, Medical Malpractice
- 100% Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 1990, Florida
Professional Webpage: http://www.tktampa.com
- Rated "AV" — preeminent — by his peers and Martindale Hubbell Law Directory since 1998
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Member
- Named one of Florida’s Super Lawyers since 2007
- Florida Supreme Court
- United States District Courts for the Northern Districts of Florida
- American Association for Justice, Member
- Lawyer Pilots Bar Association, Member
- United States Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces
- Florida Justice Association, Member
- Tampa Bay Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- 11th Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States District Courts for the Middle Districts of Florida
- Hillsborough County Bar Association, Member
- District of Columbia Bar
- $41 million verdict for Plaintiffs in wrongful birth case tried in Hillsborough County, Florida (Wasden v. Abdel Aziz). , 2018
- Master of Bioethics, Harvard Medical School, 2018
- University of Florida, Bachelor of Arts, 1983
Office location for Michael J. Trentalange
218 N. Dale Mabry Highway
Tampa, FL 33609
- Super Lawyers: 2009 - 2014, 2017 - 2023
Certificates and credentials
Additional sources of information about Michael J. Trentalange
Find me online
- @RzstProgramming nobody is above a joke. This isn't even a joke putting down Bryant, it's kind of a meta thing. But… https://t.co/EkcNxI3NyL
- @TheRickWilson https://t.co/6OrTrRDpzW
- If you’re facing a particularly serious or complicated injury claim, you’ll need a personal injury lawyers advice.#TampaPersonalInjuryLawyer