Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Tampa, FL
An exclusive family law practitioner, Nicole Gehringer has been working as an associate attorney at Harris, Hunt & Derr, P.A., located in Tampa and St. Petersburg, Florida, since 2017. She handles cases related to legal separation and divorce, paternity, legal and physical custody, parenting and visitation, child support and alimony, and domestic violence in the Tampa Bay area.
A prompt and intuitive strategist, Ms. Gehringer profoundly connects with her clients and guides them through every phase of the legal process with a sense of focus and clarity. She always stays several steps ahead of the lawyer representing the opposing party in court or during mediation because of her vast legal knowledge and understanding of the law in family matters.
A resident of St. Petersburg, Ms. Gehringer is a summa cum laude criminology graduate of the University of South Florida. She completed her law degree magna cum laude at Western Michigan University Cooley Law School. Her highest grades in 11 courses earned her the Outstanding Scholar Award from the Phi Delta Phi legal honor society. She gained invaluable perspectives while working as a judicial staff attorney in Florida’s 13th Judicial Circuit Court.
Ms. Gehringer is the past co-chair of the Hillsborough County Bar Association’s Bar Leadership Institute. She is one of the board of directors of the Hillsborough County Bar Association’s Young Lawyers Division. She belongs to several organizations, including The Florida Bar’s Family Law Section, the St. Petersburg Bar Association, the Florida Association for Women Lawyers, The Canakaris American Inn of Court and The Stann Givens Family Law Inn of Tampa.
An Avvo Superb-rated attorney, Ms. Gehringer volunteers her time for many social initiatives like co-heading the opening of lactation rooms in the George E. Edgecomb Courthouse, serving as a volunteer reader for the Lawyers for Literacy and playing a pivotal role in the Pinellas County Schools’ Lunch Pals mentoring program. She has co-authored various articles for prominent journals.
About Nicole Gehringer
First Admitted: 2015, Florida
Professional Webpage: https://www.harrishuntderr.com/attorney/gehringer-nicole-m/
Pro bono/Community Service
- Hillsborough County Bar Association Law Week, Volunteer Participant
- Pinellas County Schools Lunch Pals Mentoring Program
- Lawyers for Literacy, Volunteer Reader
- Co-spearheaded the opening of lactation rooms in the George E. Edgecomb Courthouse
- 2015 to Present, The Florida Bar - Young Lawyers Division
- 2021 to Present, Hillsborough Association for Women Lawyers - Leadership Academy, Co-Chair
- 2017 to Present, The Florida Bar - Family Law Section
- 2015 to Present, The Florida Bar
- 2015 to Present, Hillsborough County Bar Association
- 2020 to 2022, Hillsborough County Bar Association - Young Lawyers Division, Board of Directors
- 2017 to 2018, Hillsborough County Bar Association - Bar Leadership Institute, Member
- 2018 to 2019, Hillsborough County Bar Association - Bar Leadership Institute, Co-Chair
- 2016 to 2019, Hillsborough County Bar Association - Young Lawyers Division, Member
- 2019 to 2020, Hillsborough County Bar Association - Young Lawyers Division, Member Services Committee, Co-Chair
- 2019 to Present, Hillsborough Association for Women Lawyers - Young Lawyers Division Committee, Member
- 2015 to Present, Hillsborough Association for Women Lawyers
- 2015 to 2016, Hillsborough Association for Women Lawyers - Strategic Partnerships Committee, Member
- 2017 to Present, St. Petersburg Bar Association
- 2015 to Present, Florida Association for Women Lawyers
- 2017 to 2019, Stann W. Givens American Inn of Court of Tampa, Member
- Canakaris American Inn of Court, Member, 2019 – 2020, 2021 – 2022
- University of South Florida, B.A. in Criminology, Honors: summa cum laude
- Outstanding Scholar Award by Phi Delta Phi, Western Michigan University
- While there are obstacles, working remotely is a valuable option that should be permanently offered to lawyers, even on a part-time basis, Co-Author, The Good, the Bad, and the Takeaways of Working Remotely, Lawyer Magazine, Hillsborough County Bar Association, 2021
- While courthouse lactation rooms are peppered throughout the state, and have received significant recognition in past years, there is still plenty of work to be done before every Florida courthouse can boast this necessary accommodation, Co-Author, How to Open a Courthouse Lactation Room in 10 Easy Steps, Daily Business Review, 2020
- Over the past few years, the publicity around lactation rooms has gained wide popularity. It is an issue that the Florida Association for Women Lawyers has taken on, creating a Lactation Room Task Force that has, among other things, created a Courthouse Lactation Room Handbook (to which we contributed—check it out here https://www.fawl.org/lactation-room-task-force), Co-Author, An Update on the Thirteenth Circuit’s Lactation Rooms: Over Two Years Later and We’re Still Pumped, The Florida Bar Young Lawyers Division Local Affiliate Spotlight, 2019
- Lawyers should not underestimate the importance of educating clients on the divorce process and the legal realities of their situations, Co-Author, Managing Client Expectations at the Outset of Divorce, Lawyer Magazine, Hillsborough County Bar Association, 2018
- The Court joins a small contingent of courthouses throughout Florida to offer this amenity, Co-Author, Thirteenth Judicial Circuit Unveils Lactation Rooms, Lawyer Magazine, Hillsborough County Bar Association, 2017
Last Updated: 5/15/2022