Rashad A. Green
Top Rated Criminal Defense Attorney in Tampa, FL
Attorney Rashad A. Green is the founding partner of The Rashad Green Firm P.A. in Tampa, Florida. Nationally recognized as one of the leading trial lawyers in the country, Mr. Green provides exceptional advocacy and support to clients throughout the greater Tampa Bay region and all across the state who have legal needs involving any of the following:
· Criminal defense for all types of felonies and misdemeanors
· Defense for DUI and traffic-related offenses
· Special education law
· Personal injury law
Mr. Green's desire to become an attorney stemmed largely from the close relationship he has with his grandfather, who himself was the first African American justice on Florida's Supreme Court as well as chief judge for the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit. Drawing from his grandfather's inspiration, Mr. Green uses his position to seek equal rights and fairness for all in the criminal justice system.
A staunch advocate for the rights and entitlements of other, he has become a voice to those seeking justice in the wake of a civil rights violation or as a result of having suffered an injury or loss caused by someone else's negligence or wrongdoing. From his efforts, he has secured numerous dismissals, acquittals and reductions of charges for the accused while obtaining favorable settlements and outcomes for his plaintiff personal injury clients as well as those who have experienced infringements of their basic constitutional rights.
A 2010 graduate of Florida A&M University, Mr. Green attended Florida Coastal School of Law, where he obtained his Juris Doctor in 2013 and his certificate in legal research, writing and drafting. He also earned honors for his selfless pro bono work, and he served as law clerk to the Honorable Charles R. Wilson for the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit immediately following graduation.
Mr. Green is an active member of his legal community, as evidenced by his memberships with The Florida Bar, and the Hillsborough County and George Edgecomb Bar associations. He also serves as president of the Tampa Lawyer Chapter of the American Constitution Society, and he has published articles and conducted lectures and seminars on a variety of legal topics related to civil rights and fairness, and equality in the criminal justice system.
TAMPA: 401 East Jackson Street Tampa, Florida 32302 (SunTrust Financial Center)
TALLAHASSEE: 1334 Timberlane Road Tallahassee, Florida 32312
MAIN MAILING ADDRESS
Post Office Box 12984 Tallahassee, Florida 32317-2984
About Rashad A. Green
First Admitted: 2014, Florida
Professional Webpage: https://rashadgreenfirm.com/attorneys
- The Florida Bar; Hillsborough County Bar Association; George Edgecomb Bar Association; Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals.
- President, Tampa Lawyers Chapter of the American Constitution Society, 2020.
- Florida Agricultural & Mechanical University, B.A., 2010
- Florida Coastal School of Law, J.D., 2013
Pro bono/Community Service
- Pro Bono Honors Award, Florida Coastal School of Law, 2013
- Certification in Advanced Legal Research, Writing, & Drafting, Florida Coastal School of Law, 2013
- Over the course of nearly 60 years in the practice of law, Joseph Woodrow Hatchett built a legacy that will influence and inspire many generations to come. A Florida civil rights hero, Hatchett is a man of great courage, determination and heroism who has spent much of his adult life dedicated to the fight for social justice, freedom and equality for all. Hatchett achieved what was considered impossible at the time. , Author, Judge Joseph Woodrow Hatchett: A Florida Legend in the Fight for Equality and Justice, The Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals Historical Society News, Volume XV, No. 2 - Summer Edition, 2018
- Against the backdrop of a rewarding, but also painful, motif of family history, I learned about the life-long struggle that was responsible for my very existence. , Author, A Country Still Striving to Give its People Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness, The American Constitution Society Expert Forum: Law and Policy Analysis, 2021
- What to know about Florida's implied consent law https://t.co/kX2mIoAyFQ
- Penalties for minors who commit traffic violations https://t.co/7d44jmbDKZ
- What a Class 3 felony means in Florida https://t.co/6bXm8xmNL1
- Felony vs misdemeanor, how do they differ? https://t.co/StezMvJTCg
- An expired medical marijuana card could lead to marijuana possession charges, and if the THC is synthetic, it can m… https://t.co/Stn6xfJbh2
Last Updated: 5/15/2022