Robert D. Sparks
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Tampa, FL
Attorney Robert D. Sparks is the Founding partner of Robert Sparks Attorneys in Tampa, Florida. A top-rated trial advocate with more than 14 years of legal experience, Mr. Sparks devotes his practice primarily to personal injury & family law.
Through his personal injury practice, Mr. Sparks has achieved considerable success fighting on behalf of those who suffered an injury or loss as the result of someone else's negligence or wrongdoing. Among his most notable successes, Mr. Sparks served as co-counsel on a pedestrian injury case in Hillsborough County. The record-breaking $30 million verdict returned stands as one of the largest verdicts in the country for this type of claim, and it established Mr. Sparks as one of the youngest lawyers in the nation to achieve such an accomplishment.
In addition, Mr. Sparks has helped recover millions of dollars in settlements and awards for those adversely affected by medical malpractice, truck and auto accidents, and other preventable tragedies. He has also earned a membership in the Million Dollar Advocates Forum. Furthermore, he has received numerous other awards and honors for his professionalism and service, including Top 100 and Top 40 Under 40 designations from the National Trial Lawyers as well as the 10 Best in Client Satisfaction Award from the American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys.
In his family law practice, Mr. Sparks has been equally successful in protecting the rights and best interests of his clients during divorce proceedings while aggressively pursuing the most favorable outcomes on their behalves for their issues involving child custody and support, complex property division, and other related matters.
A 2001 graduate of Saint Leo College, Mr. Sparks obtained his Juris Doctor from Nova Southeastern University Shepard Broad College of Law in 2005. He is admitted to practice before all Florida state courts as well as before the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida. He is also an active member of The Florida Bar and the Hillsborough County Bar Association's Family Law Section, among his other professional affiliations.
- 50%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 50%Family Law
Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Wrongful Death, Construction Accident, Brain Injury, Trucking Accidents, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Paternity, Mediation & Collaborative Law
- Super Lawyers: 2016 - 2022
About Robert D. Sparks
First Admitted: 2005, Florida
Professional Webpage: https://www.getserious.com/attorney-profiles/robert-d-sparks...
- King High School- High School
- Nova Southeastern University, Shepard Broad Law Center- Graduate School
- Saint Leo University — Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration
- The National Lawyers Top 100 Trial Lawyers
- Expertise’s Best Personal Injury Lawyers in Tampa
- Top Verdict's Number 1 Verdicts in Florida (Brain Injury)
- Top 10 Car Accident Verdicts in Florida
- Honored for Academic and Trial Advocacy, Moot Court Honor Society
- 2016-2019, Super Lawyers
- The National Lawyers Top 40 Under 40
- Lawyers of Distinction
- Number 2 Verdicts in Florida (Pedestrian Accident)
- Top 10 Brain Injury Verdicts in Florida
- Million Dollar Advocate
- America’s Top 100 High Stakes Litigators
- Top Verdicts & Settlements by The National Law Journal (#62 Ming v. Gerelco Traffic Controls)
- Top 20 Verdicts in Florida (#11)
- Top 10 Personal Injury Verdicts in Florida
- Supreme Court of Florida
- Florida Bar Association
- Federal Middle District Court of Florida
- Hillsborough County Bar Association, Family Law and Criminal Sections
- Hillsborough County Family Law Executive Counsel
- State Courts of Florida
- In December 2017, Givens Givens Sparks personal injury attorneys, Christopher Codling and Robert Sparks, were awarded a $30 million verdict by a Tampa jury on behalf of their client, Stephanie Ming, who suffered permanent and debilitating brain damage after she was hit by a vehicle while walking on the side of the road in 2011. The victim was walking on Christmas Eve when the side passenger mirror of a commercial pick-up truck struck Ms. Ming in the back of the head at a speed of approximately 48 miles per hour. The victim was hospitalized and treated for a head injury, including seven staples at Tampa General Hospital. Following the incident, Ms. Ming began to exhibit symptoms associated with a traumatic brain injury, including memory loss, confusion, and other cognitive issues associated with head trauma. The driver of the truck was a superintendent for Gerelco Traffic Controls, Inc., an engineering and construction company based out of Port. St. Lucie, Florida. Leading up to the trial, Gerelco Traffic Controls, Inc. denied any liability associated with the incident and also denied that the victim had suffered any permanent injuries or damages. “The pure negligence and disregard for their wrong doing and the impact it had on our client’s life was troubling on multiple levels,” said Christopher Codling, lead counsel for the case. “Not only the driver, but also the company that was ultimately accountable for the use and/or misuse of their commercial vehicles, circumvented any responsibility in this matter.” After a five-day jury trial in Hillsborough County where the defendant (Gerelco Traffic Controls, Inc.) ultimately accepted fault for the incident but continued to deny the victim had suffered any permanent injuries, a six-person jury awarded Ms. Ming a $30 million verdict for injuries and damages sustained, including past and future medical expenses, past and future pain and suffering, as well as the impact on her past and future quality of life., 2017
- Givens Law Group has been named to the 2022 U.S. News – Best Lawyers “Best Law Firms” rankings at a Tampa Metro Tie… https://t.co/H1nusv4Dl7
- Attorneys Stann and Chris Givens have been listed in 2021 Super Lawyers® for their devotion to and skill in guiding… https://t.co/QC3qGlR6xH
- Congratulations to our firm’s founding partner, Attorney Stann Givens, on receiving the Hillsborough County Bar Ass… https://t.co/mvcmsW16d4
- Givens Law Groups has been selected by U.S. News – Best Lawyers to the 2021 “Best Law Firms” list as a Metropolitan… https://t.co/MN7I4RNggN
- Our latest award from “Best Law Firms” is just another expression of our family-first philosophy. Get to know us to… https://t.co/qH16sCwXW8
Last Updated: 5/15/2022