Rochelle Friedman Walk
Top Rated Mergers & Acquisitions Attorney in Tampa, FL
- Free Consultation
Attorney Rochelle Friedman Walk is the managing attorney of AEGIS Law in Tampa, Florida. A top-rated attorney in practice since 1986, and in addition holds certification from the Florida Supreme Court as a circuit civil and appellate mediator as well as a circuit civil, appellate, family and residential mortgage foreclosure mediator. She has extensive experience in negotiating transactions of all kinds involving all areas of business and commercial law, mergers and acquisitions, partnership and shareholder agreements, intellectual property, e-commerce, technology, and other areas. She is one of the most experienced and well known attorneys handling the acquisition and sale of ecommerce businesses selling on platforms including Amazon.com, Walmart.com, EBay.com, and Shopify.com.
Throughout her long and illustrious career, Ms. Walk has gained invaluable experience in both business and law, and she has earned a reputation for her exceptional negotiation skills and helping her clients reach agreements and resolve their conflicts in the most efficient and cost-effective manner possible. She is an active member of FINRA arbitration and mediation panels, and her considerable experience serving as executive and manager of several national and international corporations helps her better address her clients' needs both inside and outside the courtroom.
Recognized for her success, Ms. Walk has received an AV Preeminent peer review rating* from Martindale-Hubbell for more than 15 years, and she has held a listing in the organization's Bar Register of Preeminent Women Lawyers since 2011. Moreover, she is a recipient of the Merrill Jacobs Leadership Award and the Leo Levinson Award for Leadership Excellence, and Tampa Bay Magazine voted her among the Top Lawyers in the Tampa Bay region.
A 1983 cum laude graduate of Colgate University, Ms. Walk attended Case Western Reserve University Law School in Cleveland, Ohio, where she obtained her Juris Doctor cum laude in 1986. She is admitted to practice in Ohio and Florida as well as before the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida and the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio.
In addition, Ms. Walk earned her certificate in strategic marketing management from the University of Virginia's Darden School of Business Administration in 1995 and her certificate in communications strategy from Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University in 1993.
A leader in her field, Ms. Walk has numerous publications to her credit, and she conducts lectures and seminars across her region on a variety of legal topics. She is also highly active in her legal community as evidenced by her membership in several local, state and national legal organizations, including The Florida Bar, the Ohio State Bar Association, the Florida Academy of Professional Mediators, and the Business Law and Dispute Resolution sections of the American Bar Association, among her other professional affiliations.
Ms. Walk also provides pro bono services in bankruptcy mediation for the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Middle District of Florida, and she counsels and conducts workshops for business owners through her involvement with the SCORE Business Learning Center.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 30%Mergers & Acquisitions
- 20%Technology Transactions
- 10%Alternative Dispute Resolution
- 10%Closely Held Business
- 10%Intellectual Property
Business Formation and Planning, Limited Liability Companies, Partnership, Sub-chapter S Corporations, Contracts, Business Organizations, Internet, Science and Technology Law, Arbitration, Mediation, Copyrights, Trademarks, Intellectual Property Law
- Super Lawyers: 2019 - 2022
About Rochelle Friedman Walk
First Admitted: 1986, Florida
Professional Webpage: http://www.walklawfirm.com/Attorneys/Rochelle-F-Walk.shtml
- I regularly represent parties in mergers and acquisitions transactions ranging from $100,000 to $50,000,000 in transaction value. We do not disclose client names or specific deals. A large percentage of our transactions are related to the purchase or sale of e-commerce or technology companies. Many deals involve representation of private equity investors or sellers to private equity in which equity is paid as part of the deal compensation. We also work with buyers and sellers of more traditional businesses with a heavy emphasis on manufacturing, consumer and business to business products and regulated products.
- Retailers, including online sellers and resellers, including Amazon.com, Jet.com and Ebay.com sellers, E-commerce
- America Bar Association, Member
- Society of Corporate Secretaries and Governance Professionals, Secretary, 2006
- Greater Cleveland General Counsel Society, 2003 - 2006
- Providence House, Secretary, Governance and Executive Committees, 2001 - 2003
- Society of Corporate Secretaries and Governance Professionals, Ohio Chapter Treasurer, 2005
- Weinberg Village LLC, Member, Board of Managers, 2007 – present; secretary to the Board 2010 - 2014
- Providence House, Trustee, Fund Development and Governance Committees, 2000 - 2006
- GMP Retiree Medical Trust, Trustee, 2008 - 2010
- Tampa Orlando Pinellas Foundation, Trustee; Tampa Community Chair 2011- 2014
- Society of Corporate Secretaries and Governance Professionals, Member, 1999 - 2010
- Hillsborough County Bar Association, Member, 2011 - Present
- Florida Academy of Professional Mediators, Member, 2010 - Present
- Tampa Bay Bankruptcy Bar Association, Member, 2010 - Present
- Ohio Bar, Admitted and active Member, 1986 - current
- American Bar Association, Business Law and Dispute Resolution Sections, Member
- The Florida Bar Association, Member, 2011 - Present
- Ohio, 1986
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Ohio, 1987
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida, 2011
- Florida, 2011
- Included in Martindale-Hubbell's inaugural and all subsequent editions of its Bar Register of Preeminent Women Lawyers, 2011-Present
- Named as one of the Top Lawyers in Tampa Bay since moving to Florida in 2007
- Cleveland YWCA Woman of Professional Excellence
- Tampa Bay's Top Lawyers by Tampa Bay Magazine
- Leadership Cleveland, Class of 2002
- AV-rated attorney
- Martindale-Hubbell Bar Register of Preeminent Women Lawyers, 2011 - Present
- Woman of Distinction, Tampa Jewish Community Federation
- Merrill Jacobs Leadership Award
- Leo Levinson Award for Leadership Excellence, 2017
Pro bono/Community Service
- Presenter, SCORE - Business Counseling and Workshop Presenter, 2011 - Present
- Board of a Crisis Nursery
- Bankruptcy Mediation for US Bankruptcy Court for Middle District of FL, 2011 - Present
- Tampa Jewish Community Centers and Federation, President and member of Board of Directors, 2014 - Present
- Tampa Jewish Community Centers and Federation, Immediate Past President, Treasurer and member of Board of Directors, 2017 - 2018
- Presenter, Going into Business, SCORE, 2011 - Present
- Presented topics including contracts, Managed Service AGreements, Business Operations, and Exit Strategies. , Presenter, Legal BootCamp, IT Nation- Connectwise, 2018
- HuB Sarasota
- Start-Up Week Tampa sponsored by Chase Bank (2015, 2016, 2017)
- Panelist/Presenter, Glasser Legalworks SEC Conference, 2002 - 2004
- Panelist/Presenter, Business Law Section Spring Meeting, ABA
- Presenter, Advising the Corporate Board, Ohio Bar Association
- Darden School of Business Administration, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia, Strategic Marketing Management - Certificate , 1995
- Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University, Communications Strategy - Certificate, 1993
- Colgate University, Hamilton, New York, A.B., cum laude, Honors: With Honors, Honors: Dean's List, Major: Urban Studies, 1983
- Florida Supreme Court Mediator: Circuit Civil; Family and Appellate, 2010
- Florida Supreme Court Certified Circuit Civil, Appellate, Family and Residential Mortgage Foreclosure Mediator
- FINRA Mediator and Arbitrator
- Professional Services
Last Updated: 8/22/2022