Stanley T. Padgett
Top rated Business Litigation attorney in Tampa, FloridaPadgett Law, P.A.
Practice Areas: Business Litigation, Closely Held Business, Construction Litigation view more
Licensed in Florida since: 1982
Education: Duke University School of Law
Padgett Law, P.A.201 E. Kennedy Blvd.
Tampa, FL 33602 Visit website
Attorney Stanley T. Padgett is the managing partner of Padgett Law, P.A., in Tampa, Florida. A nationally ranked lawyer with more than 40 years of legal experience, Mr. Padgett provides exceptional counsel and support to clients throughout the state who have legal needs involving any of the following:
· Litigation and appeals
· Construction law
· Business and commercial law
Over the course of his legal career, Mr. Padgett has successfully handled hundreds of complex litigation matters on behalf of local, regional and national companies as well as for individuals, and has gained a reputation for his in-depth legal knowledge along with his aggressive approach to helping his clients obtain the favorable outcomes they seek for their legal challenges as efficiently and cost-effectively as possible.
The son of a successful civil engineering firm owner, Mr. Padgett has considerable knowledge and insight into the construction industry, which helps him better address his clients' issues. He began his legal career working for a prominent firm in Alabama, where he assisted with a high-profile National Environmental Policy Act case dealing with the Dolphin Island bridge reconstruction.
Honored for his outstanding professionalism and service, Mr. Padgett has earned an AV-Preeminent peer review rating* from Martindale-Hubbell along with many other top rankings and endorsements from his peers.
A 1979 summa cum laude graduate of Auburn University, Mr. Padgett obtained his Juris Doctor from the Duke University School of law in 1982. While there, he was an active member of the National Moot Court Team and served on the Moot Court Board. He graduated Order of the Coif. He is admitted to practice before all U.S. District Courts in Florida as well as the U.S. Courts of Appeals for the 2nd, 4th and 11th Circuits, and the U.S. Supreme Court.
Mr. Padgett is a member of The Florida Bar and the Hillsborough County Bar Association, among his other professional affiliations.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasBusiness Litigation, Closely Held Business, Construction Litigation: Business, Civil Litigation: Plaintiff, Civil Litigation: Defense, Estate & Trust Litigation
- 30% Business Litigation
- 20% Closely Held Business
- 20% Construction Litigation: Business
- 10% Civil Litigation: Plaintiff
- 10% Civil Litigation: Defense
- 10% Estate & Trust Litigation
First Admitted: 1982, Florida
Professional Webpage: https://www.padgettlawpa.com/attorney/padgett-stanley-t/
- Construction Contract Workshop, Half Moon Education, Inc., 2015 - Present
- Thunderbird Global Wealth Mgmt. Summit, Thunderbird Univ., 2010 - 2011
- Duke Law Journal, Member, 1980-1981
- Moot Court Board, Duke University School of Law
- AV Rating - Martindale Hubbell, 1992 - Present
- National Moot Court Team, Duke University School of Law
- Florida, 1982
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Florida
- Hillsborough County Bar Association
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1995
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit, 1997
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit, 2003
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit, 2000
- The Florida Bar, 1982 - Present
- AFS Janitorial, LLC
- Brisa Del Mar, LLC
- NASCO Aerospace & Electronics, LLC
- All Trades Historical Restoration, LLC
- Wilder Corporation of Delaware
- Bay to Bay Lending, LLC
- Sunny Coast Construction, Inc
- Poole & Kent Company of Florida
- Cool Air Solutions, Inc. d/b/a Graham Heating & Air Conditioning
- McBride Kelly & Associates, LLC
- Granada Lakes Villas Condominium Association, Inc
- Wallace v Buttar 378 F.3d 182 (2nd Cir. 2004)
- Walsh v. Dean Witter Reynolds, Inc. 1985 WL 1786 (M.D. Fla.1985)
- Interstate Securities Corp. v. Hayes Corp. 920 F.2d 769 (11th Cir. 1991)
- Boyd v. Halstead 817 So. 2d 1092 (Fla. 2d DCA 2002)
- Niven v. Dean Witter Reynolds, Inc. 1985 WL 1785 (M.D. Fla.1985)
- Allen v. Interstate Securities, Inc. 554 So. 2d 23 (Fla. 2d DCA 1989)
- Coryell v. Morris 754 So. 2d 787 (Fla. 2d DCA 2000)
- Bonar v. Dean Witter Reynolds, Inc 835 F. 2d 1378 (11th Cir. 1988)
- Creighton v. State Farm Auto Ins. Co. 696 So.2d 1305 (Fla. 2d DCA 1997)
- Auburn University, Montgomery, Alabama, B.S., summa cum laude, Major: Government, Minor: History, 1979
Office location for Stanley T. Padgett
201 E. Kennedy Blvd.
Tampa, FL 33602
- Super Lawyers: 2007, 2020 - 2023