Stann W. Givens
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Tampa, FL
- Virtual Appointments
A family law and divorce attorney with Givens Law Group, Stann W. Givens represents clients in Tampa, Florida with child custody, child support, and alimony issues. Named one of the Best Lawyers in America by the Woodward/White lawyer rating for many consecutive years, he was also given the Professionalism Award from The Tampa Bay American Inn of Court, and in 2016 was the Family Lawyer of the Year for the area. Mr. Givens is also former Chairman of the Florida Bar Board-Certification Committee for Marital and Family Law and is a Florida Supreme Court-certified family mediator.
Mr. Givens is admitted to practice in all state courts in Florida, and before the United States Supreme Court and the Supreme Court of Florida. A former president of the Florida Chapter of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, he has an Avvo “Superb” rating and was named as a member of Florida’s Legal Elite by Florida Trend Magazine. For his high ethical standards and a long list of successful results, he holds the highest peer rating possible of AV Preeminent* from Martindale-Hubbell.
After graduating with his Bachelor of Science in mathematics from Bucknell University, Mr. Givens then turned his attention to law school. He then graduated from Florida State University College of Law with his Juris Doctor in 1974. A frequent lecturer and author on family law topics, he helped write the Florida Bar Dissolution of Marriage Book’s Alimony Chapter.
Mr. Givens is extremely involved in his community. Through work as a volunteer and member of the board of directors of the Faith Café and as an Elder in the Palma Ceia Presbyterian Church, he actively serves those around him. In 1994, the Spring Women’s Shelter gave him the Extraordinary Pro Bono Commitment Award.
* AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards, and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 100%Family Law
Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Paternity, Marital Property, Mediation & Collaborative Law, Same Sex Family Law, Father's Rights
- Super Lawyers: 2006 - 2022
About Stann W. Givens
First Admitted: 1974, Florida
Professional Webpage: https://www.tampafamilylaw.com/the-givens-family/stann-w-giv...
- Rising Star
- Top Lawyer- Family Law in Tampa in the 'Top Lawyers Edition' of Tampa Magazine, 2018
- Board Certified by The Florida Bar in Marital and Family Law
- Highest national ranking for a Family Law firm., US News and World Reports Tier 1, US News and World Reports
- Super Lawyers since 2006
- Named by Florida Trend magazine as one of Florida's Legal Elite
- Fellow in the prestigious American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers
- Family Law American Inn of Court of Tampa renamed in honor of Stann Givens for his professional accomplishments, Stann W. Givens Family Law American Inn of Court of Tampa
- AV-rated - Exclusive highest possible Martindale-Hubbell rating voted on by fellow attorneys and judges
- Rated 10/10 (Superb) on Avvo.com
- Received "Outstanding Community Service Award" by the Boys Club of Greater Tampa
- "Best Lawyers in America" since 1998 - Woodward/White lawyer rating
- Founder and Executive Director of the Family Law Inn of Tampa
- Lawyers of Distinction
- Florida Supreme Court Certified Family Mediator
- Board Certified by the Florida Bar in Marital and Family Law, 1991
Pro bono/Community Service
- Elder in the Palma Ceia Presbyterian Church
- Extraordinary Pro Bono Commitment Award from the Spring Women's Shelter, Tampa, Florida., 1994
- Board of Directors and volunteer at Faith Cafe which feeds homeless people.
- Co-Author, Alimony Chapter, Florida Bar Dissolution of Marriage Book
- Frequent Author and Lecturer on all aspects of Florida family law.
- Past President, American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers Florida Chapter., 2009
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Supreme Court of Florida
- Bucknell University, B.S. in Mathematics, 1971
- The Florida State University College of Law, J.D., 1979
- Morgan Rubio v. Baseball legend Pete Rose
Other Outstanding Achievements
- Best Lawyers in America, 2003
- Best Lawyers in America, 2000
- Best Lawyers in America, 2011
- Best Lawyers in America, 2010
- Best Lawyers in America, 2014
- Best Lawyers in America, 2007
- Best Lawyers in America, 2004
- Best Lawyers in America, 2001
- Professionalism Award (Inaugural Award), Family Law Inn of Tampa, American Inns of Court, 1999
- Best Lawyers in America, 2012
- Best Lawyers in America Family Lawyer of the Year for Tampa, Florida, 2016
- Best Lawyers in America, 2008
- Best Lawyers in America, 2005
- Best Lawyers in America, 2002
- Best Lawyers in America, 1999
- Best Lawyers in America, 2013
- Best Lawyers in America, 2009
- Best Lawyers in America, 2015
- Best Lawyers in America, 2006
- American Academy Of Matrimonial Lawyers
- Family Law Inn Of Tampa
Last Updated: 5/15/2022