Theodore J. Rechel
Top rated Family Law attorney in Tampa, FloridaRechel & Associates, P.A.
Practice Areas: Family Law; view more
Licensed in Florida since: 1990
Education: University of Illinois College of Law
Rechel & Associates, P.A.2913 Busch Lake Blvd
Tampa, FL 33614 Visit website
Attorney Theodore J. Rechel is the founder and owner of Rechel & Associates, P.A., in Tampa, Florida. A top-rated lawyer with more than 30 years of legal experience, Mr. Rechel devotes his practice exclusively to family law, and he provides unmatched representation and support to clients throughout Hillsborough, Pinellas and Pasco Counties and the surrounding areas who have legal needs involving any of the following:
· Child custody
· Fathers' rights and paternity
· Equitable distribution and property division
· Spousal support and alimony
· Domestic violence
· Pre- and postnuptial agreements
· Family mediation
· Family law appeals
Over the course of his legal career, Mr. Rechel has served a diverse range of clients, including a number of high net worth individuals, such as professional athletes, licensed professionals and corporate executives. As such, he has extensive experience dealing with complex property distribution, business valuations and other complicated financial matters for his clients. In addition to family law, he has handled cases in a variety of other legal areas, including criminal law, personal injury, bankruptcy, probate and more.
Mr. Rechel's varied background enables him to bring a unique perspective to his clients and allows him to better address their issues that may be affecting their domestic relations situations. He also has considerable appellate experience, and whether through trial, negotiations or appeals, he is fully committed to protecting his clients' rights and interests while helping them achieve the favorable outcomes they expect and deserve efficiently and cost-effectively.
Honored for his impeccable professionalism and outstanding client service, Mr. Rechel has earned an AV Preeminent peer review rating* from Martindale-Hubbell along with other top rankings and endorsements from his peers, and he has received "Superb, 10 out of 10" client ratings and a Top-Rated Lawyer designation from Avvo.
A 1986 graduate of Indiana University, Mr. Rechel obtained his Juris Doctor from the University of Illinois College of Law in 1989. He holds his license to practice in Illinois as well as Florida, and he is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit and the U.S. Supreme Court.
Active in his legal community, Mr. Rechel is a member of The Florida Bar's Family Law Section, the Hillsborough County Bar Association's Family Law Section, the Carrollwood Bar Association, the American Inns of Court, Family Law Inn of Tampa Chapter, the Illinois State Bar Association and Next Generation Divorce.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasFamily Law
Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Father's Rights, Marital Property, Mediation & Collaborative Law, Name Change, Paternity, Prenuptial Agreements, Same Sex Family Law
- 100% Family Law
First Admitted: 1990, Florida
Professional Webpage: https://www.tampabaylawyers.com/attorney/theodore-j-rechel/
- Theodore Rechel of Rechel & Associates answers the question at what age is a child able to choose which parent to live with? Find out more about divorce in Tampa from Divorce Attorney Theodore Rechel., At what age is a child able to choose which parent to live with
- American Inns of Court, Family Law Inn of Tampa Chapter, Member, 1997 to 2005
- Next Generation Divorce, Member, 2013 to Present
- Carrollwood Bar Association, Member, 2015 to Present
- Illinois State Bar Association, Member, 1990 to Present
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit, 2000
- Supreme Court of the United States of America, 2000
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida, 1990
- U.S. District Court, 1990
- Florida, 1990
- Current member of the Florida Bar, Family Law Section, 1990 to Present
- Illinois, 1991
- Current Member of the Hillsborough County Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Current member of the Collaborative Divorce Association Tampa Bay, 2013 - Present
- AV Peer Rated
- Super Lawyers, 2020
- 10.0 Avvo Rating
- Indiana University, Psychology, History, B.A., 1986
- Speaking engagement, Speaker, "How to Author a Social Investigation Report", Training Seminar Office of Social Investigation Service, 2003
- Hollister v. Hollister - Second District Court of Appeal agreed with most of Mr. Rechel's positions, imposed a constructive trust on Husband's stock options, reversed the amount of income imputed to Wife, distributed the Husband's bonus, and ordered new trial., 2004
- Gearhart v. Gearhart - Affirmed, Second District Court of Appeal agreed with Rechel and upheld trial court's decision., 2007
Office location for Theodore J. Rechel
2913 Busch Lake Blvd
Tampa, FL 33614
- Super Lawyers: 2020 - 2023