Timothy A. Andreu
Top rated Business Litigation attorney in Tampa, FloridaBradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
Bradley provides business clients around the world with a full suite of legal services in dozens of industries and practice areas. Bradley works with businesses and commercial entities.
A partner at the Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP in Tampa, Florida, Timothy A. Andreu is an accomplished and efficient business litigation attorney serving his clients with matters involving securities fraud, real estate, breach of contract, business torts and employment. Additionally, he has experience in financial services litigation, securities and shareholder litigation, bankruptcy and insolvency litigation, as well as creditors’ rights.
Practicing law for nearly 40 years, Mr. Andreu is knowledgeable in business matters, often taking up the role as an advisor and counsel for many businesses. He provides well-informed guidance and a plan of action, and he executes these sophisticated strategies with poise, taking the stress away from his clients so that they can be focused on their passion and livelihood.
With a pristine reputation across Florida, Mr. Andreu has been bestowed with honors and accolades by many prestigious organizations. This includes:
- Peer-review rated AV Preeminent* through Martindale-Hubbell
- Included by Tampa Bay Magazine in their Tampa Bay’s Top Lawyers list
- Rated “Good” on Avvo
- Recognized by The Best Lawyers in America for his exemplary work in general commercial litigation
- Named a Florida Legal Elite by Florida Trend Magazine
- Recognized by Chambers and Partners USA in the field of general commercial litigation
Mr. Andreu completed his Bachelor of Science in Business Administration degree with high honors at the University of Florida in 1981. He then attended the University of Florida Levin School of Law and received his Juris Doctor with distinction in 1984. He is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Middle and Southern Districts of Florida and the U.S. Court of Federal Claims.
Apart from his law practice, Mr. Andreu stays involved in his legal community with active memberships in the Hillsborough County Bar Association and The Florida Bar. Furthermore, he holds the title of Master at the American Inns of Court – Tampa Bay Inn of Court.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasBusiness Litigation, Bankruptcy: Business, Creditor Debtor Rights: Business, Securities & Corporate Finance
Bankruptcy Law, Securities Law
- 70% Business Litigation
- 10% Bankruptcy: Business
- 10% Creditor Debtor Rights: Business
- 10% Securities & Corporate Finance
First Admitted: 1984
Professional Webpage: https://www.bradley.com/people/a/andreu-timothy-a
- American Cancer Society (Past Committee Member); Encore Theatre (Board Member)
- U.S. Federal Court
- United States District Court, Southern District of Florida
- United States District Court, Middle District of Florida
- American Inns of Court, Tampa Bay Inn of Court (Master); Federal Bar Association (Past Member); Florida Bar Grievance Committee (Past Committee Member); Hillsborough County Bar Association - Corporate Counsel Section
- University of Florida, B.A., B.S., 1981, with high honors
- Martindale-Hubbell® AV Preeminent Rated
- Listed in Tampa Bay Magazine, "Tampa Bay's Top Lawyers"
- Listed in Florida Super Lawyers, Business Litigation, 2010-2020
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America®, Commercial Litigation, 2015-2023
- Listed in Chambers USA, Litigation: General Commercial, 2016-2017; Litigation: General Commercial – "Recognised Practitioner," 2017
- AV Peer Review Rated, Martindale-Hubbell Law DirectoryThe Best Lawyers in America®, Commercial Litigation
- Timothy A. Andreu, Comment, Wrongful Death in Admiralty: It May Be Non-Uniform, But At Least It's Not Fair, 35 U. Fla. L. Rev. 534 (1983).
Office location for Timothy A. Andreu
100 North Tampa Street
Tampa, FL 33602
- Super Lawyers: 2010 - 2020