Robert W. Bivins
Top rated Real Estate attorney in Valrico, FloridaBivins & Hemenway, P.A.
Practice Areas: Real Estate, Business & Corporate, Estate Planning & Probate
Licensed in Florida since: 1985
Education: University of Florida Levin College of Law
Robert (Bob) W. Bivins is a native of Clearwater, Florida, and the managing partner of Bivins & Hemenway, P.A., a law firm with offices in Valrico. Bob graduated with a B.A. in finance from the University of South Florida in 1982 and a J.D. with honors from the University of Florida in 1985, where he served as editor in chief of the University of Florida Law Review. After joining the Florida Bar in 1985, Bob served as law clerk to Chief Justice McDonald of the Florida Supreme Court until entering private practice in the Tampa Bay area in 1987. In the years since, Bob has gained extensive experience in all aspects of real estate, business and corporate law, lending transactions, title insurance, and estate planning.
Bob has held an AV Preeminent* rating, the highest an attorney can receive, for over 15 consecutive years. He is also a frequent seminar speaker and an active member of numerous professional, civic and charitable organizations throughout his community, including service as a past chairman for The Greater Brandon Chamber of Commerce, Inc. (2013), past chairman of the International Society of Primerus Law Firms ("Primerus") Commercial Law Group (2010-11), past chairman of the Primerus North American Business Law Institute (2011-12), and as Major Gifts Chairman of the 2013 Annual Giving Campaign for the Campo Family branch of the Tampa Metropolitan Area YMCA, Inc.
*AV Preeminent and BV Distinguished are certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell peer review ratings fall into two categories: legal ability and general ethical standards.
First Admitted: 1985, Florida
Professional Webpage: https://www.bhpalaw.com/robert-w-bivins/
- Editor in Chief, University of Florida Law Review, 1985
- CLE presentation addressing advanced aspects of title insurance in Florida, Author and Speaker, Advanced Principals of Title Insurance in Florida, National Business Instituate, 2001
- CLE presentation regarding various techniques for achieving a successful real estate transaction, Author and Speaker, Keys to Success in a Real Estate Transaction, National Business Institute, 1994
- Discusses the growing role of alternative dispute resolution in litigation, Writer, "Alternative Dispute Resolution and the Courts, The Arbitration Journal 58, 1987, 1987
- Article discusses the expanding scope of mail, wire, and securities fraud liability, Co-Author, A Tale of Two Theories: The Expanding Dimensions of Mail, Wire, and Securities Fraud Liability, The Florida Bar Journal, October 1988, 1988
- Discusses application of the Intelligence Identities Protection Act, Writer, Silencing The Name Droppers: The Intelligence Identities Protection Act of 1982, 36 University of Florida Law Review 841, 1984
- Florida, 1985
- Hillsborough County Bar Association, 2021
- J.D. cum laude from the University of Florida College of Law, 1985
- University of South Florida, B.A. in Finance, 1982
- , Community Leadership Award, The Greater Brandon Chamber of Commerce, 2020
- , Betty Tribble Community Leadership Award, Tampa Connection, 2018
- , Chairman's Award Winner, The Greater Brandon Chamber of Commerce, Inc., 2019
- Incoming Chairman, The Greater Brandon Chamber of Commerce, Inc., 2021
- Chairman of the Board of Trustees, Brandon Regional Hospital, 2019
- Quality Assurance Board Member, Primerus Society of Law Firms
- Past Chairman, Primerus Business Law Institute
- International Society of Primerus Oustanding Service Award, 2011
- Board Member Elect, Primerus Society of Law Firms
- Chairman, International Society of Primerus Law Firms ("Primerus") Commercial Law Group
- Ray Campo Leadership Award presented by the Campo YMCA, Valrico, FL, 2010
- Campo Family YMCA, Advisory Board and Executive Committee Member
- Past Chairman and Past Consulting Attorney, The Greater Brandon Chamber of Commerce, Inc.
- Chairman, 2011 Annual Giving Campaign for the Campo Family Branch, Tampa Metropolitan Area YMCA, Inc.
- AV Preeminent Rating, Martindale Hubbell, 2021
- Designated as Super Lawyer, 2021
- Super Lawyers: 2009 - 2011, 2019 - 2023