Top Rated Estate & Trust Litigation Attorney in Venice, FL
As a partner with the Snyder & Reilly law firm in Venice, Florida, Attorney Patrick Reilly concentrates his practice primarily on complex civil litigation, trust and estate litigation, and divorce. A Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania, native, Mr. Reilly served 33 years at Gross McGinley LLP, ultimately becoming partner, before relocating to Florida and re-establishing his practice in 2016. While at Gross McGinley, he was instrumental in establishing and leading the firm's litigation and employment law groups.
Certified in Civil Trial Law by the National Board of Trial Advocacy, Mr. Reilly is widely regarded as one of the top civil trial attorneys in the country. Having practiced law since 1980, Mr. Reilly possesses an extensive amount of experience he uses to deliver the highest level of legal advocacy to his clients. Through his efforts in civil litigation and personal injury claims, Mr. Reilly secured millions of dollars in settlements and awards on behalf of his clients, earning his membership in the Million Dollar Advocates and Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forums.
In addition to civil litigation, Mr. Reilly has achieved unprecedented success representing clients in estate and trust litigation, and he has helped protect the rights and best interests of numerous individuals and families going through divorce. He has also successfully represented both employees and employers in workplace discrimination and harassment matters including racial, gender and disability discrimination.
Mr. Reilly graduated from Washington and Lee University in 1977 with a Bachelor of Arts in political science. He then attended Samford University Cumberland School of Law, where he obtained his Juris Doctor in 1980. That same year, the Pennsylvania Bar Association admitted him to practice, and The Florida Bar admitted him in 2016.
Fully committed to his practice, Mr. Reilly is and has been active in several professional legal organizations in both Florida and Pennsylvania, including The Florida Bar, the Sarasota County Bar Association, the Bar Association of Lehigh County and the Pennsylvania Bar Association. He currently serves as an officer on the Sarasota County Bar Association, South County Division, as a Commissioner on the City of Venice Code Enforcement Board and on the Board of Directors of Habitat for Humanity, South Sarasota County.
- 60%Estate & Trust Litigation
- 20%Family Law
- 20%General Litigation
- Super Lawyers: 2013 - 2014, 2017 - 2022
Certificates and Credentials
About Patrick Reilly
First Admitted: 1980, Pennsylvania
Professional Webpage: http://www.snyderandreilly.com/Patrick-J-Reilly.php
- Board Certified Civil Trial Advocate by the National Board of Trial Advocacy
- Life Member, Million Dollar Advocates Forum and Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Washington and Lee University, B.A., 1977
- Quoted, "Court Tosses $1.4 Mil. Judgment in Lehigh Trade-Secrets Case", The Legal Intelligencer, 2014
- Feature Article, "Caps Off to Bias Plaintiffs", Corporate Counsel
- Consultant, Call to Witness, Employment Law, 2013
- Co-Presenter, "How to Successfully Build Your Matrimonial and Forensic Litigation Practice", Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants, 2015
- Presenter, “Call to Witness – A True Story of One Woman’s Battle with Disability, Discrimination and a Pharmaceutical Powerhouse”, Northampton Community College, 2016
Pro bono/Community Service
- Board of Directors of Habitat for Humanity, South Sarasota County, 2018
- Commissioner on City of Venice Code Enforcement Board, 2020
- Honorary Chair and Spokesperson for Big Brothers Big Sisters Annual Golf Fundraiser, successfully raising $120,000 for this worthwhile organization., 2012
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Lehigh Valley, Counsel to the Board
- Weckesser v. Weckesser, 12th Judicial Circuit, Sarasota County. Civil Extortion. Obtained judgment for client of $$906,822.22, 2018
- Gagliardo v. Connaught Laboratories, Inc.
- Cullis Associates, Inc. et al v. Cortape NE, Inc. et al, 12-cv-06833 (E.D. PA. 2014), 2014
- Advanced Research Systems, Inc. v. Coldedge Technologies, Inc., et al, 2012
- Commonwealth v. Culver, 46 A.3d 786 (Pa. Super., 2012), 2012
- Jill E. Mancini v. Northampton County, 2015
- Stoneback v. ArtsQuest et. al., 12-CV-03287 (E.D. Pa. 2013), 2013
- Mary Grovatt and William Grovatt v. St. Luke’s Hospital, et al
- Melissa Koch v. Mack Trucks, Inc.-Melissa Koch was a long time Mack Truck employee who had applied for in excess of 60 promotions, but never received one. She worked in a male dominant truck assembly plant, and although she had been a Supervisor for in excess of 15 years, she was unable to advance any further. She filed a claim alleging gender and disability discrimination and retaliation. Following a 7 day jury trial in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, she was awarded $675,000 in compensatory damages, back pay and front pay. A request for counsel fees will also be filed., 2017
- President Elect, Sarasota County Bar Association, South County Division, 2020
- Lehigh County, Former Assistant County Solicitor
- Bar Association of the Lehigh County, Board of Directors, President-Elect, 2016
- The Florida Bar Association, Member, 2016
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member
- Pennsylvania Association for Justice, Member
- Bar Association of Lehigh County, Board of Directors, Vice President, 2015
- Sarasota County Bar Association, Member, 2016
- Bar Association of Lehigh County, Board of Directors, Treasurer, 2014
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Civil Litigation Section, Member
- Bar Association of Lehigh County, Member
Last Updated: 5/15/2022