Arthur T. Schofield
Top Rated Employment & Labor Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
Arthur T. Schofield is principal attorney at Arthur T. Schofield, P.A. He represents the rights of employees throughout the state of Florida and has dealt with civil rights cases related to educational rights, disability rights, housing discrimination, employment discrimination and police misconduct. Certified by the Florida Supreme Court as a circuit court mediator, Mr. Schofield has represented employees in both state and federal courts.
In 1990, Mr. Schofield earned a Bachelor of Science from the Florida Institute of Technology. He then attended the University of Miami School of Law where he obtained a Juris Doctor in 1993. Admitted to practice in the state of Florida since 1993, Mr. Schofield is also admitted to practice before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit, the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida and the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida.
A former president of the Florida Chapter of the National Employment Lawyers Association, Mr. Schofield currently serves as co-chair of the Ethics and Sanctions Committee of the National Employment Lawyers Association. His community and pro bono service include time as president of the board for Florida Rural Legal Services. His work also includes claims processed through the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
Passionate about the rights of the average worker, Mr. Schofield has spent his entire career advocating for protection of workers against their employers. His experience includes several suits brought against governmental entities and municipalities in Florida for a variety of civil rights violations. He handles cases along the west and east coasts of Florida, south into Key West and north to Jacksonville.
- 50%Employment & Labor: Employee
- 30%Employment Litigation: Plaintiff
- 10%Civil Rights
- 10%Schools & Education
Employment Law - Employee, Wage & Hour Laws, Whistleblower, Sexual Harassment, Employment Discrimination, Wrongful Termination, Retaliation, Police Misconduct, Disability, Education
- Super Lawyers: 2014 - 2022
About Arthur T. Schofield
First Admitted: 1993, Florida
Professional Webpage: https://www.flalabor.com/about-the-firm/
- Super Lawyer, 2014 - 2021, Super Lawyers
Pro bono/Community Service
- Past President of Board for Florida Rural Legal Services.
- Pro Bono work for clients of FRLS and PBC Legal Aid
- Past President of Board of Florida Rural Legal Services
- Member, National Employment Lawyers Association, Florida Chapter
- Past President, Florida Rural Legal Services
- National Employment Lawyers Association, Ethics and Sanctions Committee
- President, National Employment Lawyers Association, Florida Chapter, 2013 - 2014
- National Employment Lawyers Association, Florida Chapter, Board
- B.S. from Florida Institute of Technology, 1990 J.D. from University of Miami, 1993
- Certified Mediator
- Trial to Verdict in MD Fla, Jacksonville Division, 2021
- Final Hearing to Order before the Department of Labor on a whistle blower action., 2021
- Trial to Verdict, SD Florida, West Palm Beach Division, 2021
- Accountability for college in Florida. https://t.co/zEmdfS6eu6
- Guess who made the list! https://t.co/WD57dPmNuX
- Tourism in Florida is booming! https://t.co/HKMPBdPYEt
- What does it really mean to be a right to work state? https://t.co/SaCeRpRcNt
- Do you know what the current minimum wage is in Florida? https://t.co/xgGJNEsv2j
Last Updated: 5/15/2022