Arthur T. Schofield
Top rated employment & labor attorney in West Palm Beach, FloridaArthur T. Schofield, P.A.
Arthur T. Schofield is principal attorney at Arthur T. Schofield, P.A., representing the rights of employees throughout the state of Florida and has dealt with civil rights cases related to educational rights, disability rights, housing discrimination, employment discrimination and police misconduct. He is also certified by the Florida Supreme Court as a circuit court mediator.
In 1990, Mr. Schofield earned a Bachelor of Science from the Florida Institute of Technology where he rowed crew all four years, earning two Dad Vail gold medals. He then attended the University of Miami School of Law where he obtained a Juris Doctor in 1993. Admitted to practice in the State of Florida since 1993, Mr. Schofield is also admitted to practice before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit, the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida and the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida.
A former President of the Florida Chapter of the National Employment Lawyers Association, Mr. Schofield also formerly served as a co-chair of the Ethics and Sanctions Committee of the National Employment Lawyers Association. His community and pro bono service include a near 15 year service as the President of the Board for Florida Rural Legal Services.
Passionate about the rights of all workers, Mr. Schofield has spent his entire career advocating for protection of workers against their employers. His experience includes countless lawsuits brought against both private and public employers. He handles cases throughout Florida.
Practice areasEmployment & labor: employee, Employment litigation: plaintiff, Civil rights, Schools & education
Employment law - employee, Wage & hour laws, Whistleblower, Sexual harassment, Employment discrimination, Wrongful termination, Retaliation, Police misconduct, Disability, Education
- 50% Employment & labor: employee
- 30% Employment litigation: plaintiff
- 10% Civil rights
- 10% Schools & education
First Admitted: 1993, Florida
Professional Webpage: https://www.flalabor.com/about-the-firm/
- Super Lawyer, 2014 - 2021, Super Lawyers
- Past President of Board for Florida Rural Legal Services.
- Pro Bono work for clients of FRLS and PBC Legal Aid
- Past President of Board of Florida Rural Legal Services
- Member, National Employment Lawyers Association, Florida Chapter
- Past President, Florida Rural Legal Services
- National Employment Lawyers Association, Ethics and Sanctions Committee
- President, National Employment Lawyers Association, Florida Chapter, 2013 - 2014
- National Employment Lawyers Association, Florida Chapter, Board
- B.S. from Florida Institute of Technology, 1990 J.D. from University of Miami, 1993
- Certified Mediator
- Trial to Verdict in MD Fla, Jacksonville Division, 2021
- Final Hearing to Order before the Department of Labor on a whistle blower action., 2021
- Trial to Verdict, SD Florida, West Palm Beach Division, 2021
Office location for Arthur T. Schofield
330 Clematis Street
West Palm Beach, FL 33401
- Super Lawyers: 2014 - 2023