F. Gregory Barnhart
Top rated personal injury attorney in West Palm Beach, FloridaSearcy Denney Scarola Barnhart & Shipley, P.A.
Practice Areas: Personal injury, Products liability, Medical malpractice
Licensed in Florida since: 1976
Education: Cornell University Law School
Searcy Denney Scarola Barnhart & Shipley, P.A.2139 Palm Beach Lakes Boulevard
West Palm Beach, FL 33409 Phone: 561-686-6300 Email: F. Gregory Barnhart Visit website
GREGORY BARNHART, a senior partner at Searcy Denney Scarola, Barnhart & Shipley, P.A., is recognized as one of America’s leading trial lawyers. He is Board Certified in Civil Trial Law by The Florida Bar and regularly handles cases throughout the United States.
In addition to being named in The Best Lawyers in America for the past 25 years, Mr. Barnhart has been recognized as one of the Legal Elite in Florida Trend magazine, named a Top Lawyer in South Florida magazine, and listed in Top 100: Florida Super Lawyers. He was named Best Lawyers Lawyer of the Year for 2010, 2015, 2017, 2019, and 2020 in personal injury litigation and in 2017, 2018, and 2019 for medical malpractice litigation.
Mr. Barnhart is an honors graduate of Vassar College and The Cornell Law School. The Cornell Law Forum says of him, “Barnhart certainly is sharp – he is consistently recognized as one of the best trial lawyers in the country, and regularly takes on Big Tobacco, the pharmaceutical industry, and other corporate defendants in cases that have an impact on a national scale.” Mr. Barnhart has over 96 million dollar and multi‑million dollar verdicts and settlements for his clients in cases involving personal injury, product liability, auto and truck collisions, medical malpractice, aviation and railroad disasters, and large commercial and will contest cases.
Different Florida Governors have appointed Mr. Barnhart to sit on the 15th Circuit Judicial Nominating Commission as well as on the Fourth District Court of Appeal Judicial Nominating Commission, where he served as chair of the Commission. He is a past president of the Florida Justice Association as well as a past president of the Federal Bar Association.
A frequent lecturer in Florida and other states, Mr. Barnhart has enjoyed teaching lawyers and law students about the intricacies of trial work. Recently, he taught a trial techniques course at the Cornell Law School. He has been honored with the Distinguished Lecturer award and the Al J. Cone Lifetime Achievement award by the Florida Justice Association.
Mr. Barnhart also has been inducted into the prestigious International Academy of Trial Lawyers, which is limited to the top 500 trial lawyers and barristers, as well as the American College of Trial Lawyers, which is limited to the top 1,000 trial lawyers and barristers.
First Admitted: 1976, Florida
Professional Webpage: https://www.searcylaw.com/attorneys/f-gregory-barnhart/
- 2010, 2015, 2018 and 2019, Lawyer of the Year
- Sarasota, 2017, Al Cone Lifetime Achievement Award, Florida Justice Association
- 2008 – 2013, Top 100 Lawyers, American Trial Lawyers Assocation
- 2014 – 2019, Top 100 Trial Lawyers , National Trial Lawyers Assocation
- Florida Justice Association Offices Held:President 1993 - 1994President Elect 1992 - 1993Treasurer 1991 - 1992Secretary 1990 – 1991Board of Directors, Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers 1985-1987 (first term)Board of Directors, Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers 1987 - 1989 (second term)Board of Directors, Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers 1989 - 1991 (third term)
- Craig S. Bernard American Inns of Court
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- Palm Beach County Justice Association
- American Association of Justice
- Palm Beach County Bar Association Vice Chair, Federal Court Practice Committee 1981 - 1982Vice Chair, Media-Law Committee 1981 - 1982Vice Chair, Bench-Bar Committee 1980 - 1981Chair, Public Relations Committee 1983 - 1984Chair, Television Committee 1984 - 1985Chair, Television Committee 1985 - 1986Chair, Television Committee 1986 - 1987
- The Florida Bar Civil Procedure Rules Committee 1986 - 1989Continuing Legal Education Committee 1985 – 1986Rules of Evidence Committee 2014 to date
- Federal Bar Association President, Federal Bar Association 1986 - 1987Vice President, Federal Bar Association - 1985-1986Secretary, Federal Bar Association 1984 - 1985Treasurer, Federal Bar Association 1983 - 1984
- Florida Lawyers Action Group Chair, Board of Trustees, 1993-1994Board of Trustees 1990 to date
- A. B. Vassar College Graduated Cum Laude
- Board of Editors, Cornell International Law Journal Moot Court Board
- Over 90 verdicts and settlements in excess of $1 million.
- Board Certified Civil Trial Lawyer, 1983
- Super Lawyers: 2006 - 2023
Top ListsTop 100: Miami Super Lawyers: 2014 Top 100: Florida Super Lawyers: 2006 - 2008, 2013 - 2014
Certificates and credentials