Top rated Criminal Defense attorney in West Palm Beach, FloridaLaw Offices of Ian Goldstein, P.A.
The founder of his eponymous law firm Ian Goldstein, PA, Ian Goldstein focuses his practice on the defense of state and federal criminal charges. He is located in West Palm Beach, and he represents clients throughout the state of Florida. Mr. Goldstein has been certified as a specialist in criminal trial law by the Board of Legal Specialization & Education of The Florida Bar.
Admitted to practice in Florida since 1996, Mr. Goldstein is also admitted to practice in the District of Columbia, and he has appeared pro hac vice in several states around the country. At the federal level, he has been admitted to practice before the U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Middle Districts of Florida, the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas, the U.S. Courts of Appeals for the 11th and District of Columbia Circuits, and the Supreme Court of the United States. Most recently, Mr. Goldstein has appeared pro hac vice in a federal case alleging acts of terrorism in the District of Maryland.
Mr. Goldstein’s client base is made up of people who have been accused by the state or federal government with having committed serious misdemeanor or felony offenses. His cases have included white collar crimes, driving under the influence of alcohol, drug possession and distribution, assault, homicide, and other serious charges. Mr. Goldstein has been successful in obtaining positive outcomes for his clients through acquittals, dismissals, the negotiation of favorable plea agreements with the prosecution, and the reversal of guilty verdicts on appeal. His track record has led to a great deal of recognition from his colleagues, including an AV Preeminent* peer review rating through Martindale-Hubbell and a 10.0 “Superb” peer review rating through Avvo. In addition, Mr. Goldstein has been named to The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasCriminal Defense
Arrest & Arraignment, Assault & Battery, Criminal Domestic Violence, Criminal Fraud, Criminal Law, Drug & Alcohol Violations, Expungement, False Accusations, Felony, Juvenile Delinquency, Misdemeanor, Motor Vehicle Offenses, Murder, Parole, Probation, Sex Offenses, Tax Evasion, Theft
- 100% Criminal Defense
First Admitted: 1996, Florida
Professional Webpage: https://iangoldsteinlaw.com/about-us/
- Selected for inclusion as a Super Lawyer 2021 to present.
- The National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Trial Lawyers (criminal defense)
- Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (FACDL); (former Director; Recipient of 2012 President's Award)
- District of Columbia Bar
- The Florida Bar Criminal Law Section
- Palm Beach County Bar Association
- Palm Beach County Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- District of Columbia Court of Appeals
- Supreme Court of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- United States Supreme Court
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (NACDL). Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (FACDL) Board of Directors. Chair, Juvenile Justice Committee. I am a member of the Florida and D.C. Bars and have been admitted to practice in all state courts in Florida. I am also admitted to practice in U.S. District Courts (Southern District of Florida, Middle District of Florida, Eastern District of Texas), the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals, and the United States Supreme Court
- A/V Preeminent Rating, Peer Review Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
- Selected for inclusion as a Super Lawyer 2021 to present., Florida Super Lawyers, Super Lawyers
- The National Trial Lawyers - Top 100 Trial Lawyers, 2012-present
- , Superb 10.0/10.0 Rating, Avvo.com
- , Top 100 Trial Lawyers, The National Trial Lawyers, 2012
- , Board Certified Criminal Trial Law Specialist, Florida Bar
- , Selected for inclusion as a Rising Star 2009 and 2011, Florida Super Lawyers ®
- Recognized by American Registry as Top Attorneys - Florida's Outstanding Young Lawyers in the area of Criminal Defense, Top Attorneys - Florida's Outstanding Young Lawyers - Criminal Defense, American Registry, 2011
- , Top Lawyer - Criminal Law, LegendsSociety.com, 2009
- Honored by FACDL President at 2012 Annual Meeting "For Personifying the Spirit of the Criminal Defense Lawyer", President's Award, Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, 2012
- , Top Rated Lawyers, South Florida's Legal Leaders, 2015
- I donate many hours of my time each year to the representation of indigent defendants and dependent or delinquent juveniles. I also contribute a great deal of time to coaching Pop Warner tackle football. My goal is to help our youth stay out of the criminal justice system. Emphasizing athletics and education is essential, especially today when our youth are constantly bombarded by negative influences
- The details of my cases are confidential due to their nature. I have represented hundreds of individuals charged with crimes in state and federal courts over the past 16 years. I have been involved in several high profile murder cases, and in my only "phase 2" (post-conviction) trial, successfully argued for a jury recommendation (11-1) against the death penalty. In addition to a multitude of state court trials, I have handled many federal cases, several through trial. In a notable multi-million dollar "Ponzi Scheme" case, I successfully defended my client at jury trial against an 11 count Federal Grand Jury Indictment. I have also favorably settled hundreds of cases through aggressive pretrial investigation, negotiation, and motion practice. I have argued criminal appeals before the Fourth District Court of Appeal, the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals, and the Supreme Court of Florida. While I have tried many and varied criminal cases, some of my biggest successes are in the form of favorable settlements obtained on behalf of clients, which often relieve them of the risks and financial burden associated with a jury trial. Aggressive plea negotiation is often the best (or only) way to keep a client out of jail, and/or prevent them from becoming a convicted felon. I have had a variety of cases dismissed before formal charges were ever filed by conducting a thorough, independent investigation of the facts, and presenting them to the prosecuting authority.
- B.S., University of Florida, 1993
- Board Certified Criminal Trial Lawyer
- Obtained Waivers of Death Penalty in two separate capital first degree murder cases. Obtained a settlement with probation and no conviction for a client charged with a drug trafficking case carrying a 7 year minimum mandatory prison sentence. Also settled many other cases favorably, including outright dismissals and reduced charges. Obtained a not guilty verdict on a second offense DUI., 2022
- Individuals charged in both state and federal courts with all criminal offenses. Most notable cases include multiple first-degree murder cases where the death penalty has been sought, major narcotics trafficking, federal bank robberies, white-collar defense, and multi-million dollar fraud cases
- Representing an individual charged with acts of terrorism in a high-profile federal case in the District of Maryland., 2023
- FACDL (Former Board Of Directors; Recipient Of 2012 President's Award)
- SUPER LAWYERS
- The National Trial Lawyers
Office location for Ian Goldstein
330 Clematis St
West Palm Beach, FL 33401
- Super Lawyers: 2021 - 2024
- Rising Stars: 2009, 2011
Certificates and credentials