John P. Wiederhold
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Free Consultation
John P. Wiederhold is a founding member and the managing partner of Wiederhold, Moses, Kummerlen & Waronicki, P.A., in West Palm Beach, Florida. He represents clients in cases involving civil litigation, insurance defense, personal injury defense and civil rights defense. Based in West Palm Beach, he has presented cases before various state courts; the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th District Courts of Appeal; various Florida appellate courts; and the Florida Supreme Court. He is a Board Certified Trial Lawyer who has represented clients in over 300 jury trials.
Mr. Wiederhold earned his undergraduate and law degrees from the University of Florida. After graduating in 1969, he served in the United States Army in Seoul, South Korea and Fort Gordon, Georgia, was honorably discharged with the rank of Captain in 1972. He started his law career in Fort Lauderdale and Miami before becoming a partner with Pomeroy, Betts & Wiederhold. He then relocated to West Palm Beach in the late 1970s and formed a partnership with Robert Moses.
Among his many memberships in legal organizations, Mr. Wiederhold is recognized as a distinguished member of the Defense Research Institute, the American Board of Trial Advocates, the Palm Beach County Bar Association, the American Bar Association and the Florida Defense Lawyers Association. A husband and father of two, he serves his Palm Beach Gardens community as a founding president of the Juvenile Diabetes Foundation of Greater Palm Beach County. He has earned an AV Preeminent* rating by Martindale-Hubbell from his peers.
*AV-Preeminent and BV-Distinguished are certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 70%Personal Injury - General: Defense
- 20%Insurance Coverage
- 10%Professional Liability: Defense
- Super Lawyers: 2007 - 2022
Certificates and Credentials
- Florida Bar Board of Legal Specialization
About John P. Wiederhold
First Admitted: 1970, Florida
Professional Webpage: http://www.wmrfla.com/attorney-profiles/john-p-wiederhold/
- University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida, 1967
- Board Certified Civil Trial Lawyer
- Member, Palm Beach County Bar Association
- Florida, 1970
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, The Defense Research Institute
- Member, American Board of Trial Advocates ("ABOTA")
- Member, The Florida Defense Lawyers Association
- U.S. Federal Court, 1972
Pro bono/Community Service
- Past President, Greater Palm Beach County Chapter of the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation
- Treasurer, local chapter of American Board of Trial Advocates ("ABOTA")
- "AV Rating" by Martindale Hubbell
- Florida Defense Lawyers Association
Last Updated: 5/15/2022