Romin N. Currier
Top rated Employment & Labor attorney in West Palm Beach, FloridaPincus & Currier LLP
Practice Areas: Employment & Labor, Business Litigation
Licensed in Florida since: 2002
Education: University of Pittsburgh School of Law
Pincus & Currier LLP1555 Palm, Beach Lakes Blvd
West Palm Beach, FL 33401 Visit website
Attorney Romin N. Currier is a partner with the Pincus & Currier LLP law firm in West Palm Beach, Florida. A lawyer since 2000, Mr. Currier has solidly established himself as one of the top employment law attorneys in the country. He represents the rights and interests of a diverse range of clients throughout Palm Beach County and across Florida who have legal needs involving any of the following:
· Labor and employment law
· Commercial litigation
· General civil litigation
Over the course of his legal career, Mr. Currier has earned a reputation for exceptional trial abilities and in-depth knowledge of several legal areas. He is also known for delivering straightforward, no-nonsense advice to his clients without sugar-coating the issues at hand or making unfounded promises he cannot keep. He is always fully prepared at trial or during negotiations, and he strives to set his clients' minds at ease during all legal proceedings.
Mr. Currier instills a sense of confidence in those he serves, and his clients are assured their cases will be in the best hands possible. Honored for his professionalism and service, Mr. Currier has received an AV-Preeminent peer review rating* from Martindale-Hubbell along with the organization's Client Distinction Award. Moreover, the Daily Business Review voted him among the "Top Lawyers of South Florida" in 2018, and American Lawyer named him a Top-Rated Labor and Employment Lawyer in 2014. He has also received Superb client ratings on Avvo.
After graduating from Pennsylvania State University in 1995, Mr. Currier attended the University of Pittsburgh School of Law, where he obtained his Juris Doctor cum laude in 2000. He is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Northern, Middle and Southern Districts of Florida and the Western District of Pennsylvania, as well as the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit and the U.S. Supreme Court.
Mr. Currier has conducted numerous lectures and seminars on a variety of legal topics, and he is an active member of the Palm Beach County Bar Association and other legal organizations. He also serves on the board of the Neighborhood Renaissance and is a member of its Real Estate Committee. He currently served as chairman of the West Palm Beach Nuisance Abatement Board, and he has served as a mentor with the Children’s Home Society as well as a member of the West Palm Beach Charter Review Committee.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasEmployment & Labor: Employer, Business Litigation
- 70% Employment & Labor: Employer
- 30% Business Litigation
First Admitted: 2002, Florida
Professional Webpage: https://www.pincusandcurrier.com/attorney-profiles/romin-cur...
- AV Pre-eminent Rating, pursuant to Martindale Hubbell, 2012
- Top Young Lawyers in Florida, 2010.
- Florida Super lawyers, Rising Star, 2010.
- Client Distinction Award, based on client ratings on Martindale.com, 2013.
- Wage & Hour Pitfalls, Lorman Seminar
- Hiring and Firing, Fowler White Boggs Banker Seminar
- FMLA Best Practices, Lorman Seminar
- Fair Labor Standards Act Compliance , Lorman Seminar
- University of Pittsburgh, School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2000
- Pennsylvania State University, 1995
- Discusses what an employer should be careful inquiring about during a job interview., What employers should avoid asking about during a job interview, Labor And Employment, 2019
- When a worker is an independent contractor as opposed to an employee., Independent Contractors v. Employees, Labor And Employment, 2019
- What kinds of background checks are appropriate for employers., Background Checks, Labor And Employment, 2019
- Florida Bar Certified Mediator for the 15th Judicial Circuit in and for Palm Beach County, Florida, 2020
- Certified as an Arbitrator by the Florida Bar., 2020
- Patricia Hill v. Treatment Management Company, LLC, 2:18-cv-14466-RLR Obtained Summary Judgment on behalf of employer who was being sued for violating the FMLA, Violation of the Equal Pay Act, and Title VII, Sex Discrimination., 2020
- Aqua Laser Studio, Inc. v. Begin Anew, LLC - 2020-CA-013966-MB Successfully obtained an injunction prohibiting former partner of business from using company's client lists and other data for any purpose after partners tried to break away and use the company's information to compete against it., 2021
- Vanessa Jimenez v. Hinterland Group, Inc. - 21-cv-80396-RAR Secured settlement of a wage claim and worker's compensation retaliation claim after 8 months of litigation for nuisance value., 2021
- Jerri Smith v. Treatment Management Company, LLC - In the 19th Judicial Circuit in and for Stuart, Florida Secured a voluntary dismissal with prejudice after establishing to Plaintiff and her counsel that they could not prevail on the claims., 2020
- Jodi Gump v. Treatment Management Company, LLC - In the 19th Judicial Circuit in and for Stuart, Florida Settled a state whistleblower case moments before the hearing on Defendant's Motion for Summary Judgment. Very favorable settlement for Defendant., 2019
- Langlois v. City of Deerfield Beach, 370 F.Supp.2d 1233 (S.D. Fla. 2005), 2005
- Matrix Z, LLC v. Landplan Design, Inc., 493 F.Supp.2d 1242 (S.D. Fla. 2007), 2007
- Belle Glade Chevrolet-Cadillac, Inc. v. Figgie, 54 So.3d 991 (Fla 4th DCA 2010), 2010
- AMK Petroleum Enterprises, Inc. Represented the owner in a complex sale of the gas station and facilities., 2021
- Glades Petroleum Enterprises, Inc. Represented the owner in a complex sale of the gas station and facilities., 2021
- Cub Scout Den Leader for Bears in Pack 141 for the Boy Scouts of America, Lighthouse District., 2022
- Mentor, Children’s Home Society, Mentor, 2016
- Neighborhood Renaissance, Real Estate Committee, 2011-present, 2022
- Neighborhood Renaissance, Board Member, 2013-present, 2022
- West Palm Beach Charter Review Committee, 2011
- West Palm Beach Nuisance Abatement Board, Chairman, 2012-2017, 2017
- Hinterland Group, Inc. - Large manufacturing and construction company, 2022
- Aqua Laser Studio, Inc. Currently representing the company in a heated shareholder dispute and trade secret violations claims., 2022
- Southern Airways Express, Inc. - Large commercial airliner, 2022
- Membership in the Florida Bar, Alternative Dispute Resolution Division, 2022
- Approved Arbitrator by the Florida Bar, 2020
- Florida Bar Certified Mediator for the 15th Judicial Circuit, 2020
- Pennsylvania, 2000
- Florida, 2002
- United States Supreme Court, 2007
- Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals, 2005
- Membership in the Florida Bar, Labor and Employment Law Division, 2022
- United States District Court, Western District of Pennsylvania, 2001
- United States District Court, Northern District of Florida, 2002
- United States District Court, Middle District of Florida, 2004
- United States District Court, Southern District of Florida, 2006
Office location for Romin N. Currier
1555 Palm, Beach Lakes Blvd
West Palm Beach, FL 33401
- Rising Stars: 2010