Ronald S. Kochman
Top Rated Estate Planning & Probate Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
An attorney at West Palm Beach, Florida-based Kochman & Ziska PLC, Ronald S. Kochman performs a variety of legal services for his high net worth clients throughout Palm Beach, Broward, Miami Dade and Martin counties and other parts of the state, and in New York. He has been admitted to practice before all Florida state courts since 1979 and in New York since 1977.
A substantial portion of Mr. Kochman's practice involves estate planning and administration. Throughout his career, he has regularly prepared and reviewed wills, all types of trusts, financial and health care powers of attorney, and advance medical directives. Mr. Kochman tailors each plan to the needs of the particular client, often taking into account federal estate and gift taxes as well as the client's charitable giving desires. In his estate administration practice, he works with beneficiaries and fiduciaries, helping to ensure that all tax and other obligations are taken care of and that the proceeds are distributed in accordance with the express wishes of the decedent.
Mr. Kochman provides other services to his clients as well. He furnishes advice and counsel with respect to the purchase and sale of high-end residential real estate properties, and he helps them form and fund charitable organizations. For his clients who are considering getting married and who want to protect their business and personal interests, Mr. Kochman negotiates and prepares prenuptial agreements.
As an undergraduate, Mr. Kochman attended Hamilton University, receiving a bachelor’s degree in 1973 and being inducted into the Phi Beta Kappa Society that same year. He then pursued his legal education at Cornell Law School and was awarded his law degree cum laude in 1976.
About Ronald S. Kochman
First Admitted: 1977, New York
Professional Webpage: http://www.floridawills.com/rskbio.html
Pro bono/Community Service
- President, Gladys and Sy Ziv Foundation
- Norton Museum of Art, Planned Giving Committee
- Client names are confidential because of the nature of the practice. I represent many high net worth clients.
- The Association of the Bar of the City of New York, Member, Committee on Trusts, Estates and Surrogates' Courts, 1985-1987
- The Association of the Bar of the City of New York
- New York State Bar Association, Chairman, Estate Planning Committee, 1986-1988
- New York State Bar Association - Admitted 1977
- New York State Bar Association, Chairman, Ad Hoc Committee on Multi-State Law, 1994-1998
- The Florida Bar, Co-Chairman, Liaison with Corporate Fiduciaries Committee, 1994-1997
- The Florida Bar, Member, Trust Law Committee, 1993
- The Florida Bar
- Florida, 1979
- New York, 1977
- "Moving is a Family Decision," Trusts and Estates, May 1988
- Co-Author: "Personal Planning Alternatives for the Elderly Client," Florida Bar Journal, May 1987
- Co-Author: "The Florida Intangibles Tax - Do I Really Have To Pay It?," July 1998
- "Are You Immune from a State Income Tax Audit?," Palm Beach Illustrated, 1991
- "Protective Measures and Considerations in Litigation," Trusts and Estates, December 1992
- "Ways to Accomplish Long Term Objectives In Medium Size Estates," Trusts and Estates, November 1994
- The Florida Bar Co-Chairman of Attorney/Trust Officer Liaison Conference, 1995-1997
- Hamilton College, A.B., 1973, Phi Beta Kappa
Last Updated: 5/15/2022