Top rated Criminal Defense attorney in West Palm Beach, FloridaMeltzer & Bell, P.A.
Practice Areas: Criminal Defense, DUI-DWI; view more
Licensed in Florida since: 2004
Steven Bell is a criminal defense attorney in West Palm Beach, Florida. Mr. Bell is a partner at Meltzer & Bell, P.A., and he represents clients in areas, including West Palm Beach, Pierce Port and Saint Lucie. He has over 15 years of legal experience defending clients in a wide variety of criminal matters.
Mr. Bell handles cases involving airport arrests, domestic violence, drug crimes, DUI, economic crimes, federal crimes, firearm charges, homicide, immigration crimes, juvenile charges, probation violation, prostitution, record sealing, sexual offenses, theft, traffic violations, violent crimes and weapons crimes. He is familiar with all phases of the criminal process and advises his clients on the consequences of a potential conviction while working to protect their rights.
Additionally, Mr. Bell has experience representing first-time offenders or non-Florida residents. Over his career, he has successfully secured reduced or dismissed charges for numerous clients.
Honoring his accomplishments, Martindale-Hubbell awarded Mr. Bell with an AV Preeminent* rating. This is the organization’s highest available rating, awarded only to attorneys who have exhibited high legal capability and ethical standards. In 2013, the National Advocacy for DUI Defense included him on its “Top 100 DUI Attorneys” list.
Active in many professional organizations, Mr. Bell belongs to the Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, the DUI Defense Lawyers Association, the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, the National College for DUI Defense and the National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws. He also serves on the Palm Beach Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers judicial committee.
Mr. Bell received a bachelor’s degree in advertising from the University of Florida and earned his law degree from Nova Southeastern University Shepard Broad College of Law. He began his legal career at the Law Office of the Public Defender, Broward County, before forming Meltzer & Bell, P.A.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasCriminal Defense, Criminal Defense: DUI/DWI
Assault & Battery, Criminal Domestic Violence, Criminal Law, DUI/DWI, Drug & Alcohol Violations, Juvenile Delinquency, Traffic Violations
- 80% Criminal Defense
- 20% Criminal Defense: DUI/DWI
First Admitted: 2004, Florida
Professional Webpage: https://www.meltzerandbell.com/about-us/steven-bell/
- , AV Preeminent Legal Leaders, 2018
- Client’s Choice by Avvo in the DUI category, 2013
- , Selected as a Super Lawyer, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2020
- Nova Southeastern University’s Sheppard Broad Law Center, Juris Doctorate, 2004 -graduated Magna Cum Laude, an achievement of one the highest honors reserved for law students graduating in the top 3% of the graduating class; one of a select few elite law students elected to Nova Southeastern University Law Review; was given the honor of becoming a member of the Order of Barristers, an honor given only to nine members of his graduating class. AV rated with Martindale Hubbell
- Peer Rated for Highest Level of Professional Excellence
- , Selected as a Rising Star by Super Lawyers, 2012, 2013, 2014
- top 100, Top 100 DUI Lawyers, National Advocacy for DUI Defense, 2013
- AV Preeminent Rated by Martindale Hubbell, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers Lifetime Member
- American Institute of Criminal Law Attorneys, 2017
- DUI Defense Lawyers Association
- The National College for DUI Defense
- Florida Bar Association
- Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Palm Beach Association for Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Federal Bar, Southern District
- NORML Lifetime Member
- National Advocacy for DUI Defense
- National Academy of Criminal Defense Attorneys
- Places Steven has been featured on: New York Daily News Sun Sentinel, Palm Beach Post, Cop Talk Radio, Seaview Radio, and Sirus XM Radio in regard to criminal law. Former felony public defender, supervisor of juvenile division. Experience at Ticket Clinic gave him certain strategies learned as an Assistant Public Defender against the State to have non-DUI related felonies and misdemeanors dismissed
- University of Florida, Bachelor of Arts in Advertising, 2001
- Criminal Defense
Office location for Steven Bell
515 N Flagler Dr
West Palm Beach, FL 33401-3923
- Super Lawyers: 2015 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2012 - 2014