Lydia S. Zbrzeznj
Top rated Business Litigation attorney in Winter Haven, FloridaSouthern Atlantic Law Group PLLC
Practice Areas: Business Litigation, Civil Litigation view more
Licensed in Florida since: 2012
Education: Florida Coastal School of Law
Southern Atlantic Law Group PLLC520 6th Street NW
Winter Haven, FL 33881 Phone: 863-656-6672 Email: Lydia S. Zbrzeznj Visit website
Lydia Sturgis Zbrzeznj is a native Floridian and was raised in St. Augustine, Florida along with her five siblings. Lydia grew up attending Good News Church, where her father Smiley Sturgis was the pastor. Lydia played four years of varsity soccer at Nease High School and won a State Championship her senior year. She then attended the College of William and Mary in Williamsburg, Virginia, on a full soccer scholarship and played all four years on the women’s soccer team.
Lydia went on to attend Florida Coastal School of Law in Jacksonville, Florida. During law school, she maintained a class rank of number 1 through all six semesters, was a Staff Editor on the Florida Coastal Law Review, obtained a Sports Law Certificate and Pro Bono Honors Award, served as a research assistant to two professors, and clerked for two civil litigation firms. Upon graduation, Lydia took the Florida Bar. Based on Lydia’s high score, she was selected by the Second District Court of Appeal to speak at the fall 2012 Induction Ceremony.
Prior to joining the Southern Atlantic Law Group, Lydia worked at a civil litigation firm in Bartow, Florida, for nearly seven years. All of Lydia’s experience as an attorney has consisted of working as a civil litigation and appellate attorney. She focuses on providing efficient, effective and practical legal services to her clients, and takes pride in achieving positive results through this approach. Lydia has been an avid reader and writer since childhood and enjoys the value of strong legal research and writing skills bring to a case.
Lydia is a member of the Florida Association for Women Lawyers, and a Board Member of the Polk Association for Women Lawyers, presently serving as its Social Media Director. Lydia is a member of the Tenth Circuit Judicial Nominating Commission, and has served as vice-chair (one term) and chair (two terms). She also serves on several Florida Bar committees consisting of the Constitutional Judiciary Committee, the Committee on Professionalism, and the the Voluntary Bar Liaison Committee.
Lydia lives in Polk County with her husband, Nick, and their children. She and her family attend Heartland Church in Winter Haven, Florida, and Good News Church in St. Augustine, Florida.
Practice areasBusiness Litigation, Civil Litigation: Plaintiff, Civil Litigation: Defense, Class Action/Mass Torts: Plaintiff, Insurance Coverage
First Admitted: 2012, Florida
Professional Webpage: https://southernatlanticlaw.com/index.php/lydia-zbrzeznj/
- College of William and Mary , 2006
- Graduated law school with a class rank of #1, 2012
- Selected to speak at the fall 2012 Second District Court of Appeal Induction Ceremony based on performance on the July 2012 bar exam, 2012
- Dean’s Scholar all 6 semesters of law school
- Polk County Trial Lawyers Association (Member), 2022
- Florida Bar Committee on Professionalism
- Florida Bar Voluntary Bar Liaison Committee
- Member of the Constitutional Judiciary Committee
- Member of the Florida Association for Women Lawyers Summit Committee
- Member of the Florida Association for Women Lawyers
- Chair of the Tenth Circuit Judicial Nominating Commission
- Member of the Tenth Circuit Judicial Nominating Commission
- President Polk Association for Women Lawyers
- President-Elect Polk Association for Women Lawyers
- Member and Vice-President of the Polk Association for Women Lawyers
- This award is given to individuals who serve as a positive role model for their peers, make meaningful contributions to their communities and the legal profession, and advance the cause for women. , Leader in the Law, Florida Association for Women Lawyers , 2022
- , Florida Legal Elite Up and Comer , Florida Trend, 2022
- Rising Stars: 2022 - 2023