Top rated white collar crimes attorney in Winter Park, FloridaLaw Office of Michael D. Barber
Michael Barber is an attorney based in Winter Park, Florida, and the founder of the Law Office of Michael D. Barber. Mr. Barber maintains a diverse practice, handling cases in the areas of criminal defense, academic discipline, and personal injury, serving clients throughout the Central Florida area.
Mr. Barber has experience with all types of criminal defense matters, from misdemeanors to major felonies. He also works with personal injury cases involving catastrophic injury, car accidents, bicycle accidents, pedestrian accidents, premises liability, slip-and-falls and other issues. In the field of education law, he represents clients at academic hearings and handles disciplinary matters.
Florida Trend magazine included Mr. Barber on its “Legal Elite Up and Comers” several years in a row and then included him on its “Legal Elite” list in 2020, 2021, and 2022. Additionally, the University of Central Florida honored him with its “Top 30 Alumni Under 30” award in 2016. The Orange County Bar Association presented Mr. Barber with the Outstanding Committee Chair Award in 2016, and the Young Lawyer Professionalism Award in 2022. In 2022, Orlando Weekly Magazine named Mr. Barber the third best criminal defense attorney in Orlando.
Mr. Barber serves in many leadership roles for the Orange County Bar Association. He served as a board member of the Young Lawyer Section from 2013 through 2022, and served as President of that organization in 2021 and 2022. Mr. Barber has also served on the board of the Criminal Law Committee since 2013. In 2022, Mr. Barber was elected to the Executive Council of the Orange County Bar Association. Mr. Barber is dedicated to his local community, and was elected to hold public office as a Soil and Water Conservation District Supervisor from 2016 through 2020, and was elected by his fellow supervisors to serve as Chair of that board from 2019 through 2020. Mr. Barber is a former board member of the Downtown Orlando YMCA and Opera Orlando.
Mr. Barber received a bachelor’s degree from the University of Central Florida and earned his law degree from the University of Florida Levin College of Law. He holds a license to practice law before all Florida state courts and the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida.
Practice areasCriminal defense: white collar, Criminal defense, Personal injury - general: plaintiff
White collar crime, Criminal law - federal, Arrest & arraignment, Assault & battery, Criminal fraud, Criminal law, Drug & alcohol violations, Expungement, False accusations, Felony, Juvenile delinquency, Misdemeanor, Motor vehicle offenses, Murder, Probation, Prosecution, Sex offenses, Tax evasion, Theft, Criminal domestic violence, Animal bites, Assault, Motor vehicle accidents, Slip and fall, Wrongful death, Construction accident, Brain injury, Sexual abuse - plaintiff, Toxic mold, Trucking accidents
- 50% Criminal defense: white collar
- 30% Criminal defense
- 20% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
First Admitted: 2011, Florida
Professional Webpage: https://devotedtojustice.com/about/
- University of Central Florida, B.A, 2008
- Board of Directors of both the Downtown Orlando YMCA and Opera Orlando
- “Florida’s Legal Elite Up and Comers” by Florida Trend Magazine, 2015
- The Lawrence G. Mathews, Jr. Young Lawyer Professionalism Award recipients, who are nominated by their peers, are attorneys whose conduct and career stands as a model of success built on unquestioned professionalism., Orange County Bar Association Lawrence G. Matthews, Jr. Young Lawyer Professionalism Award, Orange County Bar Association, 2022
- “Florida Super Lawyer Rising Star” by Florida Super Lawyer Magazine, 2015-2020
- In 2016 Michael Barber was selected by the University of Central Florida to receive the prestigious Top 30 Alumni Under 30 Award, UCF Top 30 Alumni Under 30, University of Central Florida, 2016
- Appointed as Board Member to the Florida Bar Advertising Committee, 2022
- Middle District of Florida
- Florida Bar
- Orange County Soil and Water board since 2016 and was elected as Chair in 2019
- Young Lawyer Section and Law Committee, Member, 2013
- President of the Young Lawyer Section, 2020
- Orange County Bar Association
Office location for Michael Barber
641 W Fairbanks Ave
Winter Park, FL 32789
- Rising Stars: 2015 - 2023