Michael C. Maher
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Winter Park, FL
The founder of The Maher Law Firm in Winter Park, Florida, Michael C. Maher is a well-known personal injury lawyer, serving clients in Florida and throughout the U.S. His primary focus is on medical malpractice claims, products and premises liability, nursing home negligence, business litigation and mass torts.
Practicing law for more than five decades, Mr. Maher has won several multimillion-dollar settlements and verdicts for his clients. He has dedicated his legal career to fighting for the justice of victims injured due to negligence and mentoring fellow attorneys in personal injury law. One of his career’s most notable work is coordinating with 11 other law firms and winning an $11 billion dollar settlement against the tobacco industry on behalf of the state of Florida.
A Rollins College graduate, Mr. Maher was first admitted to practice in Florida in 1965, after receiving his law degree from the Stetson University College of Law, where he now serves as an adjunct professor. During law school, he was given the Outstanding Trial Advocate award by the Trial Advocacy Society. He is admitted to practice before the Supreme Court of the United States, the U.S. District Courts for the Middle and Southern Districts of Florida, the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals, The District of Columbia Bar and the New York State Bar Association.
The former president of the American Association for Justice, Mr. Maher maintains leadership roles in many prominent legal organizations. He is a part of the:
· Orange County Bar Association
· Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers
· Florida Justice Association
· International Academy of Trial Lawyers – fellow
· American College of Trial Lawyers – fellow
· Southern Trial Lawyers Association – fellow
· American Board of Trial Advocates
· American Board of Professional Liability Attorneys
Furthermore, he has active memberships in the Consumer Attorneys of California, the New York State Trial Lawyers Association and the Pennsylvania Association for Justice.
Rated AV Preeminent* through Martindale-Hubbell, Mr. Maher’s successful career is emphasized by the many accolades he has received over the years. He has been listed in the Who’s Who in American Law and the Best Lawyers in America publications. In addition, he has been named among The Best Lawyers in the U.S. by Town & Country magazine; the Florida Legal Elite by the Florida Trend magazine; and the Lawyers of Distinction by Orlando magazine. Sharing his legal expertise with up-and-coming lawyers, he lectures at conventions and many continuing legal education seminars. He has also written extensively on various personal injury-related topics.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 50%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 40%Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
- 10%Business Litigation
- Super Lawyers: 2006 - 2022
Articles about Michael C. Maher appearing in Super Lawyers
About Michael C. Maher
First Admitted: 1965, Florida
Professional Webpage: https://www.maherlawfirm.com/fl-trial-attorney-michael-maher...
- The Florida Bar
- Florida Federal Judicial Nominating Commission, 2009
- Founding Member, Institute for Injury Reduction
- Diplomate, American Board of Professional Liability Attorneys
- Advocate, American Board of Trial Advocates
- Fellow, American College of Trial Lawyers
- Fellow, International Academy Of Trial Lawyers
- The Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- Florida Lawyers Action Group
- Orange County Bar Association
- Rollins College, Pi Gamma Mu, National Social Science Honor Society, Alumni Achievement Award, 1990, Board of Trustees 2006-2013
Last Updated: 6/30/2022