B. Phillip Bettis
Top Rated Real Estate Attorney in Alpharetta, GA
The founding partner of the Bettis Law Group, LLC, B. Phillip Bettis has a varied practice that encompasses real estate, estate planning and administration, business law, and alternative dispute resolution models. Located in Alpharetta, Georgia, he represents people and businesses in Fulton County and other parts of the greater Atlanta metropolitan area. Mr. Bettis attended the Emory University School of Law and graduated with his Juris Doctor in 1980, and he became admitted to practice before all Georgia state courts later in that year.
Mr. Bettis has assisted numerous clients with the purchase and sale of both residential and commercial real estate properties. His work in this regard has included the negotiation, preparation and review of purchase and loan documentation, an examination of applicable title issues, and the handling of closings. In the event that disputes arise, Mr. Bettis seeks to have them resolved through negotiations or, if they prove to be unfruitful, mediation or arbitration.
In his estate planning practice, Mr. Bettis prepares and reviews last wills and testaments, helping to ensure that they comply with Georgia law and that the language is clear and free from conflicting interpretations. When a testator passes away and the will goes through the process of probate, he provides advice and counsel to the person who has been named in the document as the executor, or if one has not been named or the one who has but can no longer serve, the administrator who has been appointed by the court.
Prior to law school, Mr. Bettis attended Mercer University, and in 1976, he received a Bachelor of Business Administration cum laude. He is a member of several professional and civic organizations.
- 70%Real Estate: Business
- 20%Alternative Dispute Resolution
- 10%Estate Planning & Probate
Mortgage & Refinance, Mediation, Estate Planning, Living Wills, Power of Attorney, Probate & Estate Administration, Wills
- Super Lawyers: 2005, 2009 - 2010, 2018 - 2022
About B. Phillip Bettis
First Admitted: 1980, Georgia
Professional Webpage: https://www.bettislawgroup.com/attorneys/barry-p-bettis/
- Closed the acquisition of the property for Denmark High School in south Forsyth County
Pro bono/Community Service
- Board Member of Forsyth County Community Foundation
- Board Member of North Georgia Community Foundation
- 2004 Volunteer of the Year by the Metro Atlanta YMCA
- Chairperson of the Benjamin F. Brady Foundation, former Trustee of the Georgia Baptist Healthcare Ministry Foundation, current member of the Board of Directors of The North Georgia Community Foundation and No Longer Bound, Inc., 2010
- Super Lawyer in 2019 top-rated attorney
- AV Preeminent Attorney, peer rating for the highest level of professional excellence among attorneys
- Georgia Super Lawyer, 2005, 2009, 2010, 2018, 2020
- Forsyth Family YMCA Volunteer of the Year, 2004
- Award presented by Shorter University Board of Trustees for service to the University., Distinguished Service Award, Shorter University Board of Trustees, 2017
- For actions in saving a two year who had fallen into a swimming pool, The American Legion Heroism Medal, The American Legion Post 201, Alpharetta, Georgia, 2018
- For actions leading to saving a two year old that had fallen into a swimming pool, Distinguished Citizen Award, Cumming Chapter 1030 Vietnam Veterans of America, 2018
- BBA, Mercer University (Atlanta), 1976
- Associate Judge, Forsyth County Georgia Magistrate Court and on occasion by designation in the Superior Court of Forsyth County.
- 2005 Chairman of the State Bar of Georgia Committee on Professionalism
- State Bar of Georgia in 1980
- Forsyth County Board of Education,
- Approved Mediator, Arbitrator and Early Neutral Evaluator for the Georgia Office of Dispute Resolution
- Presented a paper on Commercial Lease Mediation at a seminar in Atlanta, Georgia, Presenter, 2009
- Column for The Forsyth County News
- This presentation analyzed the burgeoning threat of paper terrorists and their methods which affect Georgia real estate practitioner, Co-speaker and Co-author, Sovereign Citizens and Their Emergence as Paper Terrorists- What Every Real Estate Practitioner Should Know, Institute of Continuing Legal Education In Georgia, Georgia Real Property Law Institute, 2015
- Presented and authored a paper exploring the variety of Conservation Use Valuation Assessments in Georgia for farm, timberland and other uses including agritourism, Co-Presenter and Author, Conservation Use Valuation Assessments, Institute of Continuing Legal Education In Georgia, Georgia Real Property Law Institute, 2016
Other Outstanding Achievements
- Recently published a book entitled "The Little Book of Annoying Questions.", 2012
- Commercial Sales representing both buyers and sellers
Last Updated: 6/3/2022