Top rated Personal Injury attorney in Alpharetta, GeorgiaCheeley Law Group, LLC
For over four decades, personal injury attorney Bob Cheeley has been advocating for the rights of Georgia residents who sustained injuries or lost a family member in catastrophic incidents. An accomplished professional, he is a founding member and the managing partner of Cheeley Law Group, LLC, in Alpharetta, Georgia. He has litigated hundreds of personal injury and wrongful death claims related to:
- Truck accidents
- Defective products
- Talc and asbestos exposure
- Brain injuries and whiplash
- Bicycle and pedestrian wrecks
- Car and motorcycle accidents
- Premises liability
Throughout his career, Mr. Cheeley has secured hundreds of millions of dollars in jury verdicts and negotiated settlements on behalf of women who acquired cancer after using the talcum powder made by Johnson & Johnson and for the families of nursing students who perished in Savannah in 2015 when a truck crashed into their car. He has also triumphed over General Motors, winning a $150 million settlement in one instance and a $105 million jury verdict in another for producing faulty vehicle parts.
For his clients around the country, Mr. Cheeley has obtained verdicts and settlements totaling more than $275 million. Some of his other noteworthy results include a $90 million settlement in a defective SUV case against Suzuki Motor Company and $40 million against Toyota Motor Company for faulty seat belts.
Born and raised in Georgia, Mr. Cheeley graduated cum laude from the University of Georgia with a B.A. in 1979 and the University of Georgia School of Law with a Juris Doctor in 1982. He is licensed to practice in Georgia (1982), the U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Middle Districts of Georgia, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit and the U.S. Supreme Court.
The Georgia Trial Lawyers Association and the American Association for Justice are among Mr. Cheeley's professional affiliations. He also served as a board member of the Attorneys Information Exchange Group and as the president and chairman of Phi Gamma Delta.
For Mr. Cheeley's high professional and ethical standards, he was rated AV Preeminent* through Martindale-Hubbell and chosen as the National Trial Lawyer of the Year by Public Citizen in 1993. He holds an "Excellent" rating on Avvo and is fluent in English and Spanish.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ falls into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasPersonal Injury - General: Plaintiff, Personal Injury - Products: Plaintiff
Brain Injury, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Trucking Accidents
- 90% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 10% Personal Injury - Products: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 1982, Georgia
Professional Webpage: https://www.cheeleylawgroup.com/attorneys/bob-cheeley/
- Verdict Search named Bob Cheeley's verdict in the 2017 case, Megan Richards v. U.S. Xpress et al, as the highest motor vehicle verdict in Georgia in 2017
- $1,575,000 Settlement in Alderson v. Con-Way Southern Express (Wrongful Death).
- $3,000,000 Confidential Settlement (Defective SUV).
- $14,000,000 Settlement in Baggett v U.S. Xpress (Georgia Southern Nurses Trucking Collision).
- $6,600,000 Confidential Settlement (Defective Automobile Door Latch).
- $9,800,000 Settlement in Wall v. Gwinnett County (Civil Rights Violation).
- $14,000,000 Settlement in Clark v U.S. Xpress (Georgia Southern Nurses Trucking Collision).
- $20,000,000 Confidential Settlement (Defective SUV).
- $15,000,000 Jury Verdict in Richards v. U.S. Xpress (Georgia Southern Nurses Trucking Collision).
- $15,500,000 Jury Verdict in Bagley v. Shortt (Road Wreck).
- $17,000,000 Settlement in DeLoach v. U.S. Xpress (Georgia Southern Nurses Trucking Collision).
- $46,000,000 Jury Verdict in Bibbs v. Toyota Motor Company (Defective Seatbelt).
- $90,000,000 Jury Verdict in Rodriguez v. Suzuki Motor Company (Defective SUV).
- $150,000,000 Jury Verdict in Hardy vs. General Motors (Defective Automobile Door Latch).
- $105,000,000 Jury Verdict in Mosley vs. General Motors (Defective Automobile Fuel Tanks).
- Megan Richards v. U.S. Xpress, et al, was tried in 2017 in Bryan County, Georgia and resulted in a $15 million verdict. , 2017
- University of Georgia, Class of 1978, B.A., cum laude
- Attorneys Information Exchange Group, Former Board Member.
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Phi Gamma Delta Fraternity. (Phi Gamma Delta Educational Foundation Board of Trustees, 1997 – 2005; President and Chairman of the Board from 2003-2005).
- American Association for Justice, Member.
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association, Member.
- Finalist, National Trial Lawyer of the Year, Public Citizen, 1993.
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- United States District Courts for the Northern and Middle District of Georgia
- Court of Appeals of Georgia
- Georgia, 1982
- All Superior and State Courts of Georgia
Office location for Bob Cheeley
2500 Old Milton Parkway
Alpharetta, GA 30009
- Super Lawyers: 2020 - 2024