Top rated Criminal Defense attorney in Atlanta, GeorgiaThe Law Office of Ahmad R. Crews
Ahmad Crews is an attorney with The Law Office of Ahmad R. Crews and represents clients in the Atlanta, Georgia, metropolitan area, including the 20 surrounding counties. His focus is on cases of criminal law, and he is passionate that every person who is accused of committing a crime has quality legal representation as they navigate a particularly distressing time in their lives.
A dedicated, knowledgeable and professional attorney, Mr. Crews represents clients in criminal matters related to felonies and misdemeanors, and matters of domestic violence. With a reputation for achieving exceptional results and taking creative approaches to litigation, he is known for finding successful results where others are unable to.
A graduate of Howard University School of Law, Mr. Crews is admitted to practice in the state of Georgia and before the District of Columbia Court of Appeals. He is focused on protecting the rights and future of his clients with careful attention to detail, thorough investigation and aggressive motion practice. He protects the things that are most important to his clients.
Mr. Crews is focused on finding a unique solution for every situation, whether that be successful plea negotiations, reduced charges or dismissals. When it comes to finding a criminal lawyer, he understands how important it is to provide a good offense as early as possible as criminal charges are processed, and the charges move forward.
Practice areasCriminal Defense
Arrest & Arraignment, Assault & Battery, Criminal Domestic Violence, Criminal Fraud, Criminal Law, Drug & Alcohol Violations, Expungement, False Accusations, Felony, Juvenile Delinquency, Misdemeanor, Motor Vehicle Offenses, Murder, Probation, Tax Evasion, Theft
- 100% Criminal Defense
First Admitted: 2017, Georgia
Professional Webpage: https://www.ahmadrcrews.com/attorney-profile/
- Active Member of Georgia Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys.
- I am currently a member of the Georgia Bar Association - Criminal Defense Section; the Atlanta Bar Association - Criminal Defense Section; and the Gate City Bar Association.
- Client was charged with Filing a False Tax Return and Making False Statements. Client went to trial with previous attorney and had a mistrial due to an 11-1 convict vote. Hired our firm and we were able to obtain a dismissal of her matter on a legal technicality. Client was charged with Theft by Taking for using his position as a city employee to convert public funds to pay his mortgage. We were able to obtain a dismissal of the client's case due to a legal technicality. Client was charged with Impersonating a Police Officer and Making False Statements for allegedly telling police that he was a police officer. We were able to obtain a dismissal of Client's matter due to investigation that undermined officer's assertions in the criminal warrant. Client was charged with Terroristic Threats and Obstruction of Justice for allegedly threatening to kill a police officer on body camera. Jury found client not guilty. Client was charged with eight (8) counts of aggravated assault and one count of making false statements for a drive-by shooting. We negotiated a plea with the prosecution where he would serve 90 days in a probation detention center and 10 years on probation. Client was charged with Trafficking in Marijuana. Negotiated a plea for three (3) years probation. Client was charged with Armed Robbery and Aggravated Assault for Robbery a business. He was seen on camera, his vehicle was captured on camera, and his license plate. Prior Felony Conviction. Negotiated a plea for four (4) years in prison.
- 2017 - Georgia Bar License. 2019 - Licensed in Georgia Court of Appeals.
- Several dismissals on felony cases.
- Received Client's choice Award for high client ratings., AVVO Client's Choice Award, AVVO, 2019
- Client charged with Malice Murder, Felony Murder, and Aggravated Assault. Two eyewitnesses accused client of committing offense and Prosecution presented cell phone records from clients phone placing him on scene of event. Hired three weeks before trial. Jury Found Client not guilty of all offenses., 2021
- Appeal. Client denied right to withdraw guilty plea. We appealed the matter for our client, and Judgement was overturned., 2021
- Terroristic Threats/Obstruction of Police - Jury Verdict: Not Guilty, 2017
- Volunteer Attorney for the Georgia Justice Project., 2022
- Hosted several Know Your Rights Seminars., 2015
Office location for Ahmad Crews
1800 Peachtree St NE
Atlanta, GA 30309
- Rising Stars: 2021 - 2024