Andrea L. Pawlak
Top rated business litigation attorney in Atlanta, GeorgiaSchulten Ward Turner & Weiss, LLP
Andrea L. Pawlak is an attorney and partner at Schulten Ward Turner & Weiss, LLP, in Atlanta, Georgia. Ms. Pawlak handles matters involving business law, commercial law, condemnation, environmental litigation and compliance, real estate litigation and more. She serves a diverse client base in the Atlanta metropolitan region and throughout the state of Georgia.
Ms. Pawlak is licensed to practice law in Georgia and Alabama. She is also admitted before the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia and the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Georgia.
After graduating summa cum laude from Auburn University, Ms. Pawlak earned her law degree from Emory University School of Law. During law school, she was one of a select number of students involved in both law journal and moot court. She was published in law journal and was a semi-finalist in moot court.
Following law school, Ms. Pawlak gained legal experience at a boutique law firm with a practice focused on environmental litigation. She joined Schulten Ward Turner & Weiss, LLP in 2007, and her practice expanded to include business, commercial, and other general litigation matters.
Outside of her practice, Ms. Pawlak has authored articles on environmental and real estate topics. Because of her accomplishments, she has earned recognition from the legal community including being listed among the “Georgia legal elite” for multiple years by Georgia Trend magazine.
Ms. Pawlak is a member of the State Bar of Georgia. She has served on the environmental law section's newsletter editorial board, volunteered as a guardian ad litem for the Atlanta Volunteer Lawyers Foundation, and served as a member of the Emory Alumni Board.
Practice areasBusiness litigation, Business/corporate, Environmental litigation, Family law
- 70% Business litigation
- 10% Business/corporate
- 10% Environmental litigation
- 10% Family law
First Admitted: 2005, Georgia
Professional Webpage: https://www.swtlaw.com/andrea-l-pawlak
- Emory Law Alumni Board, Past Member
- Atlanta Volunteer Lawyers Foundation, Guardian ad Litem
- Emory Bankruptcy Developments Journal, Symposium Editor, Emory University School Of Law
- Crisis In The Gulf Of Mexico: The Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill & The Oil Pollution Act, Co-Author, Environmental Law Section Newsletter (2010 Summer Edition)
- Developers Beware - Grading Your Development Site May Put You on the Hook for an Environmental Clean-Up, Legal Grounds, Perspectives on Real Estate Law (2008)
- Area Limitation State Homestead Exemptions and Zoning: The Sale and Apportionment of "Indivisible Homesteads", Comment, 21 Emory Bankr. Dev. J. 343 (2004)
- Testimony, Georgia House of Representatives, Committe on Banks and Banking (2017)
- Ms. Pawlak was a presenter at the Cliffe L. Gort Seminar-at-Sea in October 2017. She presented on the topic of "The Complexities of Collecting a Money Judgment" and covered areas such as foreign judgments, post-judgment discovery, and collection and levy tools., Speaker, Cliffe L. Gort Seminar-at-Sea, 2017
- Ms. Pawlak presented testimony to the Georgia Senate Committee on Banking and Financial Institutions on proposed legislation in 2017., Testimony, Georgia Senate Committee on Banking and Financial Institutions, 2017
- Dean's List; Dean's Public Service Award, Emory University School of Law
- Student Bar Association, Emory University School of Law
- Georgia Legal Elite, 2012-2017
- Legal Elite, Georgia Trend Magazine
- Legal Association of Women Students, Board Member, Emory University School of Law
- Moot Court, Semi-Finalist, Emory University School of Law
- Georgia Rising Star, Super Lawyers, 2010-2021, Super Lawyers(R)
- Middle District of Georgia (2006)
- Admitted to Northern District of Georgia (2006)
- Alabama (2007)
- Associate Editor, Environmental Law Section Newsletter (2009-2012); Mentor, Transition into Law Practice Program for first year lawyer (2011-2012)
- Georgia, 2005
- B.A., Auburn University, summa cum Laude, 2001
Office location for Andrea L. Pawlak
260 Peachtree Street NW
Atlanta, GA 30303
- Super Lawyers: 2022 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2010 - 2021