Angela M. Forstie
Top Rated Professional Liability Attorney in Atlanta, GA
A dynamic and well-known attorney in Atlanta, Georgia, Angela M. Forstie has more than a decade of legal experience. As a junior partner at The Linley Jones Firm, P.C., she focuses on professional liability, where she assists clients who are suffering a loss due to negligence or breach of professional duty. She extends her experience to personal injury as well.
Ms. Forstie majored in biology and completed her Bachelor of Science from Old Dominion University in 2004. She attended Georgia State University College of Law and received her Juris Doctor in 2009. At the beginning of her legal career, she worked at two other renowned law firms in Atlanta.
After passing the bar examination, Ms. Forstie obtained her license to practice before all the state courts of Georgia in 2009. She is also qualified to practice before the Georgia Supreme Court, the Georgia Court of Appeals, the United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia and the United States Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit.
An active member of her community, Ms. Forstie holds memberships in many professional organizations such as the State Bar of Georgia, American Association for Justice, Georgia Trial Lawyers Association and the Bleckley American Inn of Court. She is a published author of several articles and frequently presents on topics related to professional liability.
Passionately protecting the best interests of those she serves, Ms. Forstie develops personal relationships with her clients. She has procured many multimillion-dollar settlements for her clients in legal malpractice and catastrophic personal injury claims. For her high professionalism and successful track record, The National Trial Lawyers selected her for inclusion in the Top 40 Under 40 list.
About Angela M. Forstie
First Admitted: 2009, Georgia
Professional Webpage: https://linleyjones.com/about-us/angela-m-forstie/
- American Association for Justice, Member
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Ms. Forstie represents clients from all walks of life who are victims of legal malpractice and catastrophic personal injury. Past clients include everyone from young children to attorneys.
- Bachelor of Science, Biology with Pre-medicine concentration, Old Dominion University, 2004
- Juris Doctorate, Georgia State University College of Law, 2009
- ., Co-Author, Recent Development in Medicine and the Law, Tort Trial & Insurance Practice Law Journal, 2012
- ., Author and Speaker at Soup to Nuts CLE, Avoiding Malpractice Pitfalls, 2020
- ., Author and Speaker at Trial and Errors CLE, I Messed Up: Now What? Ethical Considerations Following Professional Errors, 2019
- ., Speaker at Professional Liability CLE, What We Have Here is a Failure to Communicate, 2019
- Author, When Patients Require Transfer: The Scope of Emergency Care Immunity, Medical Malpractice Law & Strategy Newsletter, 2011
- Author, Professional Liability 101 for New Lawyers, The Verdict, Georgia Trial Lawyer's Association, 2014
- Co-author, Hailing Minnie Hale Daniels on the 100th Anniversary of Women in the Practice of Law in Georgia, Georgia Bar Journal, 2016
- Ms. Forstie helped several clients resolve their legal malpractice and personal injury claims, including several confidential six-figure resolutions., 2019
- In 2018, Ms. Forstie played an integral role in obtaining a $2.1 million verdict against a well-known, global law firm. She also assisted in negotiating a multi-million dollar settlement in a legal malpractice claim with an underlying medical malpractice claim and procured several settlements for other legal malpractice and personal injury claimants., 2018
- Ms. Forstie litigated several legal malpractice claims. Of note, Ms. Forstie obtained two six-figure resolutions in legal malpractice cases with underlying medical malpractice claims, as well as a confidential resolution for a legal malpractice claimant with an underlying workers' compensation claim. , 2017
- Ms. Forstie's most notable accomplishments included resolutions of legal malpractice claims in two cases where the defendant lawyers were uninsured, as well as several pre-suit confidential settlements for various other legal malpractice claims., 2016
- In 2015, Ms. Forstie played a significant role in negotiating a seven-figure presuit resolution for a client who was severely injured in a wreck with a delivery driver. She also assisted in obtaining a confidential resolution against a prominent Georgia lawyer who mishandled a medical malpractice case and resolved several other legal malpractice lawsuits, including a large settlement related to an attorney's failure to obtain catastrophic designation for his client in a worker's compensation case., 2015
- Of note in 2014, Ms. Forstie played an integral role in obtaining a seven figure resolution for a victim of legal malpractice in Georgia. She also assisted in obtaining a significant six-figure settlement for a client who had a large judgment entered against her as a result of her attorney's conflict of interest and legal malpractice. Additionally, Ms. Forstie obtained a large settlement for a client who was unable to pursue a lawsuit due to her attorney's failure to file suit prior to the statute of limitations. , 2014
- , Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2020
- Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2017
- , Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2019
- Top 40 Under 40, National Trial Lawyers Association, 2016
- Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2018
Last Updated: 5/15/2022