Benjamin Y. Gerber
Top Rated Workers' Compensation Attorney in Atlanta, GA
Selected to Rising Stars: 2011 - 2016
As an attorney at Gerber & Holder Attorneys at Law Mr. Gerber provides dedicated legal representation to injured workers in Atlanta and Athens, Georgia, and the surrounding areas. He focuses his practice on workers' compensation law.
Before receiving a Juris Doctor from The George Washington University Law School, Mr. Gerber attended the University of Georgia, where he graduated cum laude with a Bachelor of Arts in political science. During law school, Mr. Gerber interned with the United States District Court for the District of Columbia and with the U.S. Department of Justice.
Mr. Gerber understands the toll that occupational injuries and illnesses can take on workers and their families. For that reason, he strives to prepare compelling and effective claims on behalf of his clients. Mr. Gerber works closely with his clients to help guide them through the entire claims process, whether it is their initial compensation claim or they are appealing a claim denial. Having started his career defending insurance companies, Mr. Gerber understands their motivations and strategies, and he draws on this experience to help his clients obtain the compensation and benefits to which they are entitled.
In recognition of his accomplishments, Mr. Gerber has received an Avvo "Superb" rating, and he has earned a BV Distinguished* rating from Martindale-Hubbell.
Staying active in the legal community is a priority for Mr. Gerber. He serves as a junior board member with the Atlanta Volunteer Lawyers Foundation, and he is a member of the Atlanta Bar Association and the Georgia Trial Lawyers Association.
*AV Preeminent and BV Distinguished are certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories: legal ability and general ethical standards.
Other Locations to Serve You:
16 Lenox Pointe NE
Atlanta, GA 30324
337 South Milledge Ave, Ste. 209-7
Athens, GA 30605
1340 14th St
Columbus, GA 31901
- 100%Workers' Compensation: Claimant
- Super Lawyers: 2017 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2011 - 2016
About Benjamin Y. Gerber
First Admitted: 2001, North Carolina
Professional Webpage: https://www.gerberholderlaw.com/work-injury-lawyer-benjamin-...
- $1 million+ $372,000 MSAMan sustained a closed head injury. Head injury
- $238,000 Man was killed on the job. He was represented by the widow and dependent step-child. Catastrophic injury
- $297,000Man’s head was partially crushed between a truck and the side of a warehouse loading dock. Head injury
- $425,000+ $273,000 MSAWoman had significant injuries to her back and head. Numerous injuries
- Rising Stars, Georgia Super Lawyers Magazine
- Rated 10.0/10.0 Superb, AVVO
- University of Georgia, Bachelor's Degree in Political Science, Cum laude
- Author, Controlling Medical Treatment in a Workers' Compensation Case, Verdict: The Journal of the Georgia Trial Lawyers Association, 2014
- Speaker, Fallen at work and can't get up--"Life Alert" guide to handling a workers comp claim, Atlanta Bar Association, 2014
- WCCL, Member
- Atlanta Volunteer Lawyers Foundation, Junior Board Member
- Atlanta Bar Association, Member
- Consumer Affairs Clinic
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Department of Justice and the United States District Court for the District of Columbia, Internship
Last Updated: 9/29/2022