Blake D. Halberg
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Atlanta, GA
- Free Consultation
As a family law attorney at The Halberg Law Firm, Blake D. Halberg is committed to providing top-notch services to his clients in Atlanta and throughout Georgia. For over three decades, he has been focusing his practice on handling cases that involve family law, divorce, fathers’ rights, child custody, property division, and civil and business disputes and litigation.
Mr. Halberg is known for his gender-neutral approach to creating flexible parenting plans that ultimately benefit everyone involved. He offers alternative dispute resolution options such as negotiation and mediation to help his clients avoid lengthy and costly divorce litigation. He has taken on several cases on a pro bono basis as part of his commitment to the community.
Upon receiving his undergraduate degree in criminal justice from Georgia State University in 1978, Mr. Halberg graduated from Woodrow Wilson College of Law in 1985, where he was one of the top 10% of his class. During his time as a member of the Chief Justice’s Commission on Professionalism, he taught first-year law students at both Emory University School of Law and Georgia State University School of Law. He acted as a mock trial judge in all local trial courts.
Attorney Halberg is admitted to practice before the State Bar of Georgia, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit, the U.S. Supreme Court, the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit. He has held various positions in legal organizations such as Family Law Section of the Atlanta Bar Association, Family Law Section of the Cobb County Bar Association, Northside Youth Organization, Georgia Council on Child Abuse, Inc., The Lovett School, Mount Paran-Northside Citizens Association and Cystic Fibrosis Foundation..
Mr. Halberg is also rated as one of the top attorneys in Georgia as recognized in the March 2022 issue of Atlanta Magazine.
In 2018, Mr. Halberg obtained the highest possible rating of AV Preeminent* from Martindale-Hubbell. A trained and certified parenting coordinator and guardian ad litem, he has co-authored an article in the Family Law Review of the State Bar of Georgia and has lectured on parent coordination and dispute resolution at an ABA conference.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Over the past year as we have resumed in person hearings, Mr. Halberg has won numerous victories for his clients which include: large increases in child support for his clients, five figure attorney's fees awards, visitation for father's whom have legitimated their children, dismissal of TPO's at the thirty day hearing, out of state vacations for client's with the children while the legitimation case is still pending as well as successful mediation settlements for clients.
- Parent Coordination From A Family Law Attorney (2011) - Article in the Family Review of the State Bar of Georgia on parent coordination from the viewpoint of a judge, family law attorney and therapist
About Blake D. Halberg
First Admitted: 1986, Georgia
Professional Webpage: https://halberglegal.com/about/
- Raised the most money for charity event, in excess of $5,000, Single Greatest Night In Atlanta, Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
Pro bono/Community Service
- Various cases taken on a pro bono basis over my career
- This was a five-day custody trial. We won custody for our client of his three minor children ages 14,12 and 9 after they had been with the mother for the past year prior to trial. http://files.heliumsites.com.s3.amazonaws.com/Brooks%20custody%20order.pdf
- Trial with verdict for our client whom received primary physical custody and final decision-making authority for the parties son whom was five years old at the time of trial. http://files.heliumsites.com.s3.amazonaws.com/Halberg%20%287%29%20KELLY%20-%20FINAL%20JUDGMENT%20AND%20DECREE%20%20efiled%204-8-16.pdf
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia.
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- Georgia Supreme Court
- Georgia State University BS, 1978
- Trained as a parenting coordinator by Susan Boyan and have the certification, 2008
- Trained and certified as a Guardian Ad Litem, 2009
- Article about parent coordination from the view of a judge, family law attorney and a parent coordinator, co author, Parenting Coordination As Seen From The Bench A Family Law Attorney And A Parenting Coordinator, Georgia Bar Family Law Review, 2011
- Spoke on parent coordination at an ABA conference on dispute resolution, Speaker, ADR: Building Bridges To A Better Society, ABA, Legal And Mental Heath, 2009
Last Updated: 6/3/2022