Top rated tax attorney in Atlanta, GeorgiaAsbury Law Firm
Practice Areas: Tax; view more
Licensed in Georgia since: 2013
Education: Villanova University School of Law
Asbury Law Firm133 Peachtree St NE
Atlanta, GA 30303 Visit website
Brian Gardner is a shareholder at Asbury Law Firm, Tax Counsel. Mr. Gardner concentrates his practice on civil and criminal tax controversy and tax litigation, serving clients in Georgia and nationwide.
Mr. Gardner has experience with a wide variety of complex issues in tax issues, including, among other things, defense of conservation easements, estate taxes, international tax issues, promoter penalties, net operating losses, passive activity losses, employment taxes, and captive insurance.
Prior to joining Asbury Law firm, Brian practiced at an Amlaw 100 firm and a mid-sized firm in Atlanta, Georgia. He has represented clients in civil and criminal tax proceedings in U.S. District Courts, the U.S. Tax Court, and U.S. Courts of Appeals.
Selected to Georgia Super Lawyers, Rising Stars and Best Lawyers in America’s Ones to Watch, Brian is recognized among his peers as a tax expert.
Brian regularly speaks and writes on tax controversy topics. He has presented at local and national tax conferences, led webinars, and appeared on panels on topics ranging from litigating employment tax controversies to dealing with international tax noncompliance. He recently co-authored Chapter 10B: Collection Due Process and Equivalent Hearings, Effectively Representing Your Client Before the IRS: A Practical Manual for the Tax Practitioner with Sample Correspondence and Forms, 7th Edition (2021).
Brian attended Villanova University School of Law as a Dean’s Merit Scholar. While there, he worked in the Villanova Federal Tax Clinic and was awarded the Federal Tax Clinic Award as the top student in the Clinic. Brian received his LL.M in Taxation from Georgetown University.
Practice areasTax: business
- 100% Tax: business
First Admitted: 2013, Georgia
Professional Webpage: https://asburylawfirm.com/team/
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. Tax Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- Section of Taxation, American Bar Association, Taxation Law Section, State Bar of Georgia, Tax Law Section, Atlanta Bar Association
- Young Lawyers Division Leadership Academy Class of 2017, State Bar of Georgia
- Federal Tax Clinic Award, top student, Villanova Federal Tax Clinic.
- Georgia Super Lawyers, Rising Stars, 2018-2021, Tax
- Best Lawyers in America, Ones to Watch 2021, Tax Law
- Georgetown University Law Center, LL.M. in Taxation, 2018
- Furman University, B.A. 2010
- While You Were Away: Tax Updates From the 2016 Filing Season, Current Accounts, The Georgia Society of CPAs, 2016
- What, Where, Why: How to Designate Payments the IRS Cannot Deny, Current Accounts, The Georgia Society of CPAs, 2015
- R.S.V.P.: Late Responses Trigger IRS Mandatory Enforcement, Current Accounts, The Georgia Society of CPAs, 2014
- Speaker, Tax Updates from the 2016 Filing Season, GSCPA-Dekalb Chapter, 2016
- Speaker, IRS Tax Resolution Matters, AWSCPA Federal Tax Day, 2014
- Speaker, Updates from the 2017 Filing Season: Developments in Tax Law and Tax Controversy , Georgia Society of CPAs, Gwinnett Chapter, 2017
- Speaker, Updates from the 2017 Filing Season: Developments in Tax Law and Tax Controversy, Georgia Society of CPAs, Dekalb Chapter, 2017
- Author, IRS Extends Deadline to File Forms 8886 for Participants in Conservation Easement Transactions, Client Alert, 2017
Office location for Brian Gardner
133 Peachtree St NE
Atlanta, GA 30303
- Rising Stars: 2018 - 2023