Bruce Z. Walker
Top rated bankruptcy attorney in Atlanta, GeorgiaCohen Pollock Merlin Turner, P.C.
Practice Areas: Bankruptcy, Business litigation, Creditor debtor rights; view more
Licensed in Georgia since: 1993
Education: Emory University School of Law
Cohen Pollock Merlin Turner, P.C.3350 Riverwood Parkway
Atlanta, GA 30339 Visit website
Bruce Z. Walker serves as an attorney at the Atlanta, Georgia, law firm of Cohen Pollock Merlin Turner and is a partner of its litigation group. With nearly three decades of experience, he provides dedicated, zealously provides legal services to clients in matters involving commercial bankruptcy, creditors’ rights, debt workouts, business litigation, estate and trust litigation, dispute resolution and fiduciary litigation.
A 1988 Bachelor of Arts graduate of the University of Florida, Mr. Walker obtained his legal education at Stetson University College of Law, in 1991. He then completed his Master of Laws in taxation from Emory University School of Law, in 1992. He received his license to practice law in Georgia the following year and is a member of the state bars of Florida and California.
Early in his career, Mr. Walker served as a law clerk for bankruptcy judges in Florida and California, gaining valuable legal experience. He then worked as an attorney at well-known law firms in the greater Los Angeles and Atlanta areas before joining Cohen Pollock Merlin Turner in 2000.
With a deep bench of experience in both state and federal courts, Mr. Walker brings passion and a comprehensive perspective to his practice. He maintains a relentless focus on protecting the rights of his clients both inside and outside the courtroom. He also ensures steady communication and client services to each client.
As a result, Mr. Walker is rated Excellent through Avvo and Distinguished* through Martindale-Hubbell. Furthermore, he has been selected for inclusion in the Georgia Trend Magazine’s Legal Elite list.
Mr. Walker maintains active affiliations with the American Bankruptcy Institute, the Lawyers Club of Atlanta and the state bar of Georgia’s Bankruptcy Law and Creditors' Rights sections. An active member of the Atlanta Bar Association – Bankruptcy Law and Litigation Sections he has held several leadership positions in the organization, including the Chair of the Bankruptcy Section. He also regularly speaks and presents at seminars.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasBankruptcy: business, Business litigation, Creditor debtor rights: business, Estate & trust litigation, General litigation
Bankruptcy law, Collections, Will contests, Litigation
- 30% Bankruptcy: business
- 20% Business litigation
- 20% Creditor debtor rights: business
- 20% Estate & trust litigation
- 10% General litigation
First Admitted: 1993, Georgia
Professional Webpage: https://www.cpmtlaw.com/our-people/bruce-z-walker
- Atlanta Bar Association, Bankruptcy Section and Litigation Section
- Atlanta Bar Association, Bankruptcy Section, Board of Directors, Member at Large (2015-2018), Secretary (2018-2019), Vice Chair/Chair Elect, (2019-2020), Chair (2020-2021)
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- State Bar of Georgia, Creditors’ Rights Section and Bankruptcy Law Section
- Lawyers Club of Atlanta
- As Chair of the Bankruptcy Section of the Atlanta Bar Association earned, “Small Section of the Year” award
- Named to, Georgia Trend Magazine’s Legal Elite
- Emory University School of Law, LL.M., Taxation, 1992
- Steson University College of Law, J.D., 1991
- University of Florida, Bachelor of Arts, 1988
- “Preventing Contract-Based Setoff Disputes in Bankruptcy Court,” American Bankruptcy Institute Secured Credit Committee Newsletter, Author, 2012
- "Fresh Start Gets Spoiled: Hot Topics in 523 and 727 Dischargeability Actions," Atlanta Bar Association - Bankruptcy Section, Moderator, 2017
- “Negotiation Strategies in Commercial Legal Proceedings,” Atlanta Bar Association – Bankruptcy Section, February, Moderator, 2016
- “Bankruptcy Motion Practice,” NBI/National Business Institute Seminar, Presenter, 2013
- “Bankruptcy and Commercial Real Estate,” Building Owners and Managers Association – Allied Member Resource Group Seminar, Presenter, 2012
Office location for Bruce Z. Walker
3350 Riverwood Parkway
Atlanta, GA 30339
- Super Lawyers: 2023
These comments were made by fellow attorneys during the annual nomination process.
“Bruce is a skilled and knowledgeable bankruptcy and creditors' rights practitioner, and is also a true professional.”
“Bruce and I were opposing counsel, and I very much enjoyed working with him. I found him to be collegial, cooperative, and focused on achieving a mutually beneficial result. Bruce demonstrated the highest level of civility, and we have become friendly since working against one another.”