C. Jeffrey Kaufman
Top rated Personal Injury attorney in Atlanta, GeorgiaKaufman Law, P.C.
Located in Atlanta, Georgia, C. Jeffrey Kaufman is a highly regarded plaintiff's personal injury and wrongful death litigation attorney. As the founder of Kaufman Law, P.C., he represents clients throughout the metropolitan area who have suffered losses due to the negligence of other parties. The types of matters that Mr. Kaufman handles include medical malpractice, motor vehicle collisions, nursing home neglect and abuse, premises liability, and defective products. He also has experience in construction site and other workplace accidents, and he helps clients who have been injured on the job or who have contracted an occupational disease obtain their rightful benefits under their employer's workers' compensation insurance.
During his career, Mr. Kaufman has been able to secure numerous sizable settlements and jury verdicts on behalf of his clients. In one representative case, he obtained a $25 million jury award in a medical malpractice lawsuit against a hospital dealing with the failure to timely diagnose and treat a stroke. In a premises liability case, a jury awarded $2.2 million to a man who was shot and robbed after checking in to a hotel. These and other successes have earned Mr. Kaufman a 10.0 "Superb" peer review rating through Avvo. Mr. Kaufman has also been named to The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100.
Mr. Kaufman is a 1975 graduate of Washington University in St. Louis, where he received a Bachelor of Arts. He pursued his legal education at Mercer University School of Law and was awarded his Juris Doctor in 1977. Admitted to practice in Georgia, Mr. Kaufman is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit. He is a member of several legal organizations, including the National Crime Victim Bar Association and the Georgia Trial Lawyers Association.
Practice areasPersonal Injury - General: Plaintiff, Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff, Workers' Compensation: Claimant
Animal Bites, Assault, Birth Injury, Brain Injury, Construction Accident, Dental Malpractice, Medical Malpractice, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Trucking Accidents, Wrongful Death
- 50% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 40% Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
- 10% Workers' Compensation: Claimant
First Admitted: 1977, Georgia
Professional Webpage: https://kaufmanlawatlanta.com/meet-our-team/jeff-kaufman/
- Washington University, St. Louis, B.A., 1975
- The U.S. District Court, Northern District of Georgia
- Atlanta Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- National Crime Victim Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Southern Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- American Association for Justice, Member
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 11th Circuit
- State Bar of Georgia
- Avvo Top Personal Injury Attorney
- 10.0 Superb-Avvo Rating
- National Association of Distinguished Counsel National Top One Percent, 2015.
- The National Trial Lawyers Association Top 100 Trial Lawyers
- Personal Injury
Office location for C. Jeffrey Kaufman
12 Beck St NW
Atlanta, GA 30318
- Super Lawyers: 2018 - 2024