Charles L. Clay, Jr.
Top rated Personal Injury attorney in Atlanta, GeorgiaClay Taulbee & Myers LLC
With extensive experience of over 23 years and licensed to practice in Georgia, Charles L. Clay Jr. is a founding partner of the law firm Clay Taulbee & Myers LLC, with offices in Atlanta and Statesboro, Georgia. Having secured millions of dollars worth of compensation for his clients, his name is well-known in the field of personal injury law in the state. Covering a wide variety of cases, he provides professional legal guidance and representation in matters related to:
- Catastrophic injuries
- Premises liability
- Trucking litigation
- Product liability
- Dram Shop liability
- Foodborne illnesses
- Workplace accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Distracted driving claims
In addition to being admitted to the U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Middle Districts of Georgia, Mr. Clay is also authorized to appear before the Supreme Court of Georgia, the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Arkansas, the Georgia Court of Appeals and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th and 11th Circuits. He is a cum laude B.A. graduate of Furman University and also holds a cum laude Juris Doctor degree from the University of Georgia School of Law, which she completed in 1999.
Mr. Clay led a remarkable career in a defense firm before founding Clay Taulbee & Myers LLC and packed invaluable experience representing clients from Fortune 500 companies and product manufacturers to small companies and individuals. The insights presented during this tenure have helped him assess cases efficiently and identify the core of problems in complex issues. Among the numerous cases he has litigated across 25 states, he has also won a $44 million verdict for a crane accident victim.
Peer review-rated as AV Preeminent* through Martindale-Hubbell, Mr. Clay was recognized with the organization’s highest level of rating. Other recognitions that he has secured comprise an inclusion to the lists of Georgia Trend magazine’s Legal Elite, the Fulton County Daily Report’s “On the Rise” and The Best Lawyers in America in the Personal Injury Litigation category. He was also acclaimed with a fellowship by the Litigation Counsel of America.
Apart from routine practice, Mr. Clay is a sought-after speaker and lecturer who has also published papers on topics relevant to his field of practice. He engages in several pro bono activities and has memberships in many associations such as the Atlanta Bar Association, the Joseph Henry Lumpkin American Inn of Court, the Georgia Trial Lawyers Association, the American Board of Trial Advocates and the American Association for Justice.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasPersonal Injury - General: Plaintiff, Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
Birth Injury, Brain Injury, Construction Accident, Delayed or Incorrect Diagnosis, Dram Shop Laws, Informed Consent, Medical Malpractice, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Sexual Abuse - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Trucking Accidents, Wrongful Death
- 70% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 30% Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 1999, Georgia
Professional Webpage: https://ctmjustice.com/index.php/about-us/chuck-clay
- Super Lawyers, 2016-2022
- Litigation Counsel of America, Fellow
- Super Lawyers, Rising Stars, 2011-2013
- An AV-Preeminent Rating from Martindale-Hubbell
- Inclusion in Georgia Trend's "Legal Elite"
- Best Lawyers in America, Personal Injury Litigation, 2012-2013
- Fulton County Daily Report, "On the Rise" List, 2012
- Frequently Lectures and Writes on the Topic "Deposition Tactics and Strategies"
- Frequently Lectures and Writes on the Topic "Jury Trial Strategy"
- Frequently Lectures and Writes on the Topic "Distracted Driving Claims"
- Frequently Lectures and Writes on the Topic "Handling Catastrophic Injury Claims"
- Frequently Lectures and Writes on the Topic "Dram Shop Liability"
- Frequently Lectures and Writes on the Topic "Premises Liability Claims"
- Frequently Lectures and Writes on the Topic "Children's Products Liability in Georgia and Nevada"
- Atlanta Lawyers Club, Member
- Little League Baseball, Coach
- Atlanta Chapter of the National Football Foundation & College Hall of Fame, Treasurer/General Counsel
- Construction Accidents - Crane Accident Resulting in Amputation - $44,000,000
- $3,300,000 verdict for client who was falsely imprisoned., 2019
- Personal Injury - Motor Vehicle Collision - $4.4 million settlement, 2019
- False Imprisonment - $3.3 million verdict - Cobb County, GA, 2019
- Wrongful Death - Wrongful Death Verdict for Family of Man Shot in Night Club Parking Lot - $10,000,000
- Wrongful Death - Wrongful death settlement - $4,415,000
- Wrongful Death - Wrongful death settlement from construction accident - $4,415,000
- Premises Liability - $3,000,000 wrongful death settlement for gunshot victim - $3,000,000
- Premises Liability - Settlement on behalf of a foreign citizen who was robbed and shot at a mobile home park - $2,900,000
- Wrongful Death - Disputed liability settlement for unemployed young man who was killed inside an apartment. - $2,000,000
- Premises Liability - Premises Liability Settlement Against Commercial Shopping Center - $1,250,000
- Premises Liability - Premises Liability Settlement for Injured Victim that Was Attacked in a Parking Lot - $1,000,000
- Premises Liability - Premise Liability of High Crime Apartment Complex - $1,000,000
- Premises Liability - Premises Liability Settlement Against Apartment Complex for Shooting that Occurred Inside an Apartment Unit - $1,200,000
- Personal Injury - Personal Injury Settlement Against Product Manufacturer - $1,000,000
- Defense Research Institute (DRI), Past Member
- Lumpkin Inn of Court, Member
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Arkansas
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Georgia
- Member, Georgia Trial Lawyers Association
- Past Member, Georgia Defense Lawyers Association
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- Member, American Association of Justice
- Past Member, The Voice of the Defense Bar (DRI)
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- Member, American Board of Trial Advocates
- Member, Atlanta Bar Association
- Court of Appeals of Georgia
- Furman University, B.A. with honors, cum laude, 1996
Office location for Charles L. Clay, Jr.
3372 Peachtree Rd
Atlanta, GA 30326
- Super Lawyers: 2016 - 2024
- Rising Stars: 2009, 2011 - 2013